Oxycodone and headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi im new to this have had chronic pain for a year now and am on 60mg of liquid oxycodone and was on 10mg an hour of morphine thru buprenorphine patches and now im on 20mg boy does it give you headaches anybody got the same

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

One of the side effects of opiates is a headache. Usually they disappear as you get used to the drugs. Hope you are ok now.
  • Posted

I took Oxy for about 2 days after a surgery 3 mos ago.. the headaches in addition to night sweats began after the 3rd dose, so I stopped taking it.  I recognized it as a withdrawal symptom.  I have heard that stuff was VERY addictive and I see why.  The dose you mentioned is quite heavy for chronic pain.
    • Posted

Hi

I am so pleased you stopped taking that stuff when you did. It has destroyed my life & I was never told at any point what it was & how addictive it is. My GP at the time prescribed me 800mg's per day of Oxycontin, at times I was taking closer to 1500mgs per day. I have been addicted to this for 7yr . I'm so pleased you recognised the signs & stopped when you did. If only I knew then what I know now!!!! Well done!

• Posted

That's a very unpleasant trade. I took heavy Opiates for about 7 months, never experienced headaches though. Can you get to see a doctor and ask?
  • Posted

I was given oxycodone for a prolapsed disc, after the first dose 30mg (four times a day) I was laid up in bed with the worst headache I had ever experienced (I get migraines)......i didn't put 2 & 2 together though! The side effects of that drug are awful! Sickness,diarrhoea, dreadful drowsiness and shakes! After about a week I took them back to the pharmacy! Was given codeine (which is where this addiction comes from) have you spoke to your GP?

Take care,

Kate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.