Oxycodone pain side effects.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Hoping someone can offer suggestions. I'm currently on Oxycodone but having to increase the dosage due to intense bone pain experienced. My body is obviously addicted to this drug. Currently on an 18 week waiting list for the Pain Clinic after a Consultants referral but not for this reason. Don't know what to do. I feel the addiction is giving me more pain than the actual pain for an injury (post op) that the drug was prescribed for. It's taken over my life. Pushing me to the edge. Thank you.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First of all Stephanie do not under any circumstance try to do this all on your own. You really need the assistance of a doctor. When I got off of opiates I dropped down weekly not daily and my discomfort was minimal. In fact I would say I only had one really bad day and that was the first I went with none at all. The withdraw is like having a bad flu. You get hot and cold constantly and you feel agitated. Your probably better off not being around people that day. And using a anti-anxiety medicine will help alot. I only had a blood pressure medicine to take.
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm desperate for a support programme/staff. Unfortunately it would appear that this isn't going to happen any time soon.

• Posted

Increasing a dose dose not mean you are addicted. Pain management can be done with more than one medication. A strong one three times a day, with a weaker one for breakthrough pain in between your doses. Ask your doctor to try that if you are worried about addiction. It is important to manage the pain by decreasing the pain with the right med. Then once pain control is acheived is when you can try to decrease the med. How long ago was your surgery? And how much med are you on?
    • Posted

Hi. I do believe that I am addicted. I suffer from hot/cold sweats, goosebumps and intense bone pain in both of my legs during the day, Within 10 mins of taking Liquid Oxycodone those systems have subsided. Completely different pain from what I was being treated for. My shoulder surgery was Jan 2015. My knee surgery was Feb 2015. My knee 'popped' on the September 2015.

Am 5mg MR

PM/Eve 10mg MR

Sips of Liquid approx 4 to 5 times during the day when symptoms necessitate. This has increased and now a dose in the night when I am forced to just to relieve the symptoms of the restless legs and bone pain in the legs. And now loss of appetite and low mood (to put it mildly) Prior to my knee popping I had managed to reduce my post op medication. I was on much higher dose.

• Posted

First of all your not addicted your dependent. Addicts are addicted, your body is dependent on the medicine. And yes you are. It will take some effort on your part to get off of the pain meds. But again you must do it with a doctor's assistance I highly recommend it.

• Posted

I appreciate your comments but it could be up to 18 weeks before I see the correct medical team. It's a long time to wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.