oxygen abroad.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Can any tell me if I'm entitled to get free oxygen while on holiday?

I have chronic C O P D and use O2, 15hrs a day plus mobile. I'm travelling to Spain for a 4 day break in May and have heard you can apply for it over there with an EHIC but can't find any confirmation on this or an enquiry address even my COPD team can't help!

I'd be eternally log gratefully for any help as have made enquiries on price and they want nearly 400euros for 4days! Tia

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

British Lung Foundation may be able to help you further on this:

https://www.blf.org.uk/

You will no doubt have to pay for delivery and supply while you are in Spain.

Just go to BLf home was from the link above and put in the search on their site 'oxygen abroad'

Good luck and have a great holiday.

• Posted

My mum had to pay for oxygen when going on holiday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.