Oxygen abroad

Posted , 2 users are following.

Colin has COPD and is much better in Portugal in the winter in a small flat we rent, he is getting worse and is scared we can't get oxygen there.  Also has anyone had a bell valve inserted into their lung.  The doctors are not bothered as he is 72.    Thanks   Anne

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

what is a bell valve and how does it work?

Richard

• Posted

It is a small valve inserted into the lung to close off the part of the lung not working I think so the healthy part works better ?
  • Posted

Sorry anne94175...never heard of a bell valve.  
    • Posted

I think you have to pay for it,  It was in the daily mail newspaper, it's new .
  • Posted

I shouldnot complicate things for him at his age. Except to try and arrange oxygen supplies from the hospital or gas supplier.

Richard

• Posted

I have asked a friend in Portugal and he can only can go to a clinic  no home oxy  am looking into that  thanks anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.