P/C ratio vs. 24 -hour urine results different?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Patient community,

I'm a 25 year old, Asian female. I'm new here, but hope to find some answers to my concerns.

I've had eczema since I was a child, but all throughout January, it was very bad, especially on my face. I didn't go to the hospital because I didn't want to take steroids, but eventually went at the beginning of February. I got prescribed steroids(oral and topical) and antihistamines. On that same day, before taking any of the medication, I also did a blood test(for allergies) and a spot urine test. My blood pressure was normal.

After a week, my skin problems were gone, but the hospital called me back in because of my urine. Dipstick was 2+. I did another test and it was 3+. The P/C ratio was 1.3g, so the hospital referred me to a bigger hospital where I did a 24-hour urine test, blood test, and an ultrasound of my organs. In the 24-hour urine test, protein amount was only 76mg. Blood and ultrasound were both normal. Doctor said nothing is wrong with me and that I should come back only if I have other symptoms(foamy urine, edema).

I'm very relieved by my results, but am still concerned as to why my P/C ratio was so high in February. I want to know why because whatever the cause, it still means my kidneys were damaged. What do you guys recommend I should do going forward?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.