P I P appeal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I had my 2 and f2f in sept 2016,, I was on enhanced rate DL and sr mobility

I was declined mobility from DWP. I sent in mandatory reconsideration and

Nothing was changed so I went down the appeal road,,,, Today I got appeal notice back

I've won !!!! Got back my sr mobility ,, very pleased,,, thing is can anyone tell me

Is that back paid from October 2016 as awarded from 10/10/2016 on my appeal letter

What happens next ????? Do DWP have to comply with tribunal descion

Many thanks any advice would help me settle down a bit .

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

great news, well done. Yes it will be backdated to October. DWP have the same amount of chance to appeal a decision as we do, including the same amount of time. To Appeal a decision to the Upper Tribunal DWP will have to prove that an error of law has been made in making the decision. To do this they first have to ask for the Statement of Reasons. This very very rarely happens, so i wouldn't worry. Back pay may take a fair amount of time though with some waiting weeks or even a couple of months. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long.

• Posted

Well done nice to here a good story instead of all the doom and gloom, I do wish more people were sucessful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.