P I P ASSESSMENT AND ESA ASSESSMENT

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all ,Well its been a week since PIP assessment and just sent off forms to see if i can get ESA. I realised when a lady from citizens advice did a home visit to help me fill in form that ATOS do PIP and ESA assessments and i cant help wondering WHY to cut down on time and money, the report they write couldnt be used for boh assessments , the questions are nearly the same and the P I P and ESA are both benefits from DWP i think, correct me if im wrong,  after having a total break down at P I P assessment after weeks of worrying about it im now worring about ESA ass, surely if the report was used for both claims the claimant wouldnt have to go through such distress, and have to wait weeks for yet another descion to be made , its bad enough waiting for a descion on one, wish they would give you some sort of provisional answer when assessment is done. NOW be honest who agrees with me. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was awarded pip last year for two years,I have just received a letter for another assessment after only one year, also another letter for a esa assessment two weeks later,is this normal ?
    • Posted

I had the same happen to me to be told on the review after only a year that I am no longer eligable for the benefit I suffer really badly with anxiety depression and stress my conditions have gotten worse and worse with time and I am housebound due to this not only was claim turned down in October last year I am still fighting to get it sorted I had a tribunal which I could not attend so it was done on a paper case they didn't listen to anything I said reguarding my condition and went off everything the nurse who assessed me said which doesn't at relate to how I am the report reads asif there is nothing wrong with me I went from scoring 15 points on daily living to 0 because the assessment made by the (so called) healthcare professional does not relate to the severity of my conditions the report reads asif there is nothing wrong with me. because I couldn't leave my house due to my conditions I had no medical evidence and I was told there is nothing wrong with me I am totally fed up with it all I am now seeing a mental health worker who visits me in my home and I have made a new pip claim in May I am just hoping now they reliese the struggles I face I have now finally got at least a bit of medical evidence a report to show with my claim made in May I an still waiting on a decision Even though I have not had another pip assessment since October I was told all reports are in and I should hear a decision soon I did recently have a esa home assessment I am not sure if this will be taken into account on my pip decision i have been so Fed up with the whole process it nearly got the better of me new mess seam to be helping a bit but anyway I wish u look with ur claim and recommend u get what evidence u can. sorry If I didn't answer ur question

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.