P I P REVIEW AND PAYMENTS RECEIVED

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi , I completed my review for August 18th .........i,ve been paid sept and today october .....Am I right in saying i,ll be paid until a decision is made .......Any advice would be appreciated .... Maggs

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes mags youll be paid until they make their decision ...Good Luck xx

• Posted

Hi,

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based decision, even for a review. Did you send evidence to support your claim? They rarely contact anyone for this.

Good luck.

• Posted

sorry i read that wrong ....sorry yes as Denise said you'll need another assessement xx

• Posted

No, you didn't Deborah, you were correct maggs will continue to be paid her PIP until a decision is made on the review. I just added the extra information. xx

• Posted

hi mags I sent my son's paper review back at end of April still awaiting descion but still getting payments I know at the min there having to sort alot of payments out to ppl that were under paided between 2011 - 2014 they owe millions pounds something to do with sickness benefit esa and disability living allowance thousands of ppl were under paided so you might not hear back straight away

• Posted

Hi,

The under payments have nothing to do with DLA or PIP.

They are about those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA many years ago and they have different people contacting claimants that maybe affected by this.

This will have no affect on PIP new claims or reviews. The waiting times for decisions of these are purely from backlogs concerning other PIP claims and it's always been this way, except the back logs now are much less than they were 4 years ago. With PIP reviews, payments always continue until at least a decision is made on the review, which is why reviews take place 1 year before the award is due to end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.