P.I.P REVIEWS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all wondering if anybody could advise me I have currently been for review p.i.p and got my assessors report looking at this they are going to reduce me by 1 point from enhanced to standard my last claim gave me 2 points for budgeting but this time these have been given 0 even though no change was ticked do the dwp give extra points for anything or do they just go with assessors report as I'm still awaiting my decision also looks like I have received standard mobility if this is the case will it be back payed to the date of review this is all confusing thanks all

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Usually the DM goes with the report, it's rare for them not to. No your award won't be backdated. It will be paid from the date of the decision.

• Posted

Thank you for that info I will do a m.r and ask them to look at my previous award as the points was taken off from were I ticked no change
    • Posted

You can't ask for the MR until you have the decision letter. You've only got the assessors report, so wait for that decision. It has been know for the DM to go against it, altho it's very rare. If you do need to write the letter you should point out where you think you should have scored those points and why. Sending in more evidence to prove this. Remember that most MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take it to Tribunal. You also have just 28 days from the date of the decision. Also they look at the whole award again so you could lose what you would have had. Hopefully for you the MR won't be needed.

• Posted

I am hoping they look at my previous award and keep some of the points the same but somehow don't see it anyway fingers crossed for a positive outcome and I don't need to do all that I suppose I will know in next couple of weeks thank you x

• Posted

Yes they have looked at evidence report from my original claim new evidence from rheumatologist to confirm diagnosis and had consultant reports they have put what evidence they have used but do dwp make their own decisions using all other evidence or do they just use assessor score point x
    • Posted

The assessment report play an important part in making the decision yes. They are supposed to look at all evidence too. We are asked to attend these assessments for a reason. Like i said most DM's go with what's said in that report but you have to wait for the decision letter before you can do anything.

• Posted

If your awarded the mobility side and never had it before on your existing claim does it get back dated to the part were it says this as been the case for the last 3 months
    • Posted

I'm due to be paid on the 5th September so I'm assuming my decision will be here around that date thank you for your help x

• Posted

No not necessarily. A decision can be made anytime. I'm not sure why you think a decision will be made around that date.

• Posted

My other half rang them and they said I would have my decision inbetween the 31st August and 14th September which works within my pay cycle x
    • Posted

Decision times vary wildly accross the country depending on where you are and the backlog in your area. The time frame is anything between 2-8 weeks from the date of your assessment. I'm not sure how anyone from DWP can say between those dates because if September 14th arrives and you've had no decision then you begin to worry even more than you already are, not just yourself but everyone would. Hopefully for you you won't have to wait much longer. If you put a mobile number down on the form then they'll text when they have all the evidence they need. You know after this the decision will be very soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.