P.l.P #

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey

I apllied for pip over a month ago and sent all the pip 2 form away with all the evidence l could get and more ans statemeents from my husvand who looks afrer me the most. I also sent letters from my surgeon and xrays and informed my gp that l had applied.

A year ago l used to work full time and have all my life but when l turned 42 and had been in severe pain for a year and ir was getting harder for me to do nasic normal things after a few visits to my gp l was sent fot xrats of my hips. I found out thatcda l had bad ostioarthritis in my hips and both needed reolacing asap. I had them both done my 1st a year ago in 2 days exactly and the othee 8 weeks later. But l found myself that whike my hips were heaaling my knees were getting worse so more xrays done and l found out l had it in both knees and needed them to both replaced. So far l have had 1 knee done and am waiting on the othee to get done but l live my life in agony.. l also think l an getting it in my spine. But since last nivember l was off sick and eventuallly had to dro my hours to 2 days per week and l struggle to do that but l will.l think eventually if my spine gets worse but l had ti keep the job as l would have went crazy sitting at home constantly when l am used to a high pressured and hedcjob which l enjoyed. It has metally affected all parts if my life. I lost all my cofidence developed anxiety and mist if all l have became like a patient to my supportive husband who has to do a lot for me now. I though pip would really help cover half of the wage l have lost due to my illness. But l put thevform in about 4 weeks ago and have have had a text weeks ago saying they receuved my form and would be in touch if l needed a f2f interview but l have.heard nothing since. Is it normal ro take weeks especially when l done all the hatd work and gathered the evidence myself . Am just getting anxious now and really need the help.

Thanks

Laura

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura, 4 weeks isn't really that long. Time varies depending on where you are in the country and how long the back log is. No one can really put a time on this. The text you recieved is a standard text and is sent to all those that put a mobile number down on the form. Most people are sent for a f2f assessment. I heard of very few people that haven't needed this. With Christmas coming up very soon the wait maybe a longer. There's nothing really you can do until you hear something. At least the backlog isn't as long now as when i first applied. I waited 11 months for my f2f assessment, which was over 2 years ago. Try and relax, if you can.

• Posted

I agree with Denise there isn't a lot you can do to make it go faster, it will take as long as it takes, and it is probably going to be longer because you need to put Christmas into the equation, I think I was lucky as it took four weeks from start to finish.

Relax and enjoy Christmas

• Posted

my mums took 4 weeks to get an assessment and then 8 days for a decision but we live in a little backwater town so not very busy also had home visit  the phone line advises that they are trying to speed up the process but can take 3 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.