P.S. - Does anyone else use baking soda in water?

Posted , 4 users are following.

It helps the genital area if it feels irritated - also bladder urgency.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I'm interested in this, how does it work? I will try anything for this. Do you use it internally or externally?

• Posted

Hi, I'm one of the unfortunate ones who has urinary issues with my AV. Ugh!

Mainly, that means I often have the urge/frequency urinating. I'm trying to avoid the rx's I got (Urabel, Estradiol, Elavil, Clobesterol for LS) and go as naturally as I can as I hate side effects.

They ruin all the benefits you are getting from the rx.

So I use vitamin E vaginal suppositories for dryness, chapped feeling, and one big glass of water at night to calm down my inflamed bladder. It makes the urine more alkaline so its not acidic and doesn't burn and lessens the spasms and urgency.

I use about a level teaspoon in that big glass and just start sipping it about 8 PM.

• Posted

Yes i have urinary issues also. Just like a uti but no uti. Nothing has worked for me. I'll try this, but ural sachets are similar and they dont help.

• Posted

One thing I forgot to tell you...keep an eye on your blood pressure when taking the baking soda as it can raise it.

Sorry to hear you have urgency too. We must share information.

• Posted

Maybe Susan's bicarb of soda is stronger.

Do you have Interstitial Cystitis? Thats like a uti that never ends.

You have to follow a strict diet.

I had it 10 years ago.

• Posted

I was going to say blood pressure might be an issue here. Your not supposed to take ural all the time. Thats probably why.

• Posted

Often wondered if I've got that. I don't have the symptoms all the time though. Thought it was vaginal atrophy. Its horrible.

• Posted

They are all pretty crappy things to have!

I was in remission from IC for 10 years.

Then I got a bad uti in January went on 2 rounds of antibiotics which I believe dried out my tissue down there and got a dx of AV and possible LS , without itching.

• Posted

I have bad VA. I'm post menopause. I do use vagifem, and it helps , but not all the time. Do you find your symptoms come and go? My bladder might be fine one day, and the next i have burning, frequency, etc. Doesn' t seem to matter what i drink etc, ( only drink tea in the mornings, but the burning urination is often in the evening,.

• Posted

I'm way post menopausal!

I felt the same way for almost 3 months since the nasty UTI I got after Xmas.

Just now I'm feeling better (fingers crossed) but I still have some kicks in the butt which I didn't expect.

I try to follow the diet - basically no coffee, tea, booze or sugar - I even cheat on them, sometimes.

Last night we went out to dinner (Thai) and I had an IPA beer - the type with all the hops.

All went well until about 4 AM when I had to pee a couple of times which is weird for me as I'm pretty good at night.

Then all day I had a burning sensation in my whole vulvar area. Finally I did a sitz bath with baking soda and put some Emerita moisturizer down there and that seemed to do the trick.

I never know from day to day exactly what will happen but I have been a bit more consistent this week with my regime of baking soda and vitamin e suppositories.

• Posted

I forgot to add that I have been taking an herbal mixture from my Traditional Chinese Medicine MD. I'm also taking flax oil, chia seed oil and another type oil. Maybe that's what helped me turn the corner. Acupuncture, too.

• Posted

I'm very wary of taking alternative medicine. I have a friend who had liver failure from some chinese alternative medicinesmedicines and supplements. She was probably really unlucky though. I've also had bowel surgery, so need to be careful of supplements.

• Posted

My TCM doctor is an MD from a top medical school and I've been going to him for 25 years. He is the one who helped me through a terrible attack of ulcerative colitis years ago along with my gastroenterologist.

I always do complimentary medicine - western and eastern.

Works for me.

• Posted

Yes ive resorted to taking not baking powder but bicarb of soda , just under one teaspoonful in a glass of warm water to lessen the burning when passing urine, also read mix some up in warm water and pour over the urethra area after passing urine helps with discomfort, tried it and it does.

• Posted

Bicarb of soda? Never heard of it but if it is better than baking soda I want it!

Thanks!

Do you have urge too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.