Pacem\ker bleeped

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was standing at the kitchen sink this evening when there

were six distinct bleeps that seemed to come from my chest. I felt my pockets

and they were empty. The only kitchen item in use was the bread maker and that

is not the type of sound it makes. My only explanation is that it came from my

pacemaker and it has never made any sound in the four years that I have had it.

It had its annual test only two weeks ago and all was well with it. It is a Boston

Scientific Essentio MRI SR set at basic rate of 60 BPM MODE VVIR.

I had said to them that my Oximeter has bleeped a few times recently and shown

readings of 46 and 49 bpm. They said that is impossible as the pacemaker keeps

my heart rate at a minimum if 60bpm. I had assumed that for it to kick in that

my heart rate had to go below 60. My BP monitor often shows my heart rate in

the mid to high 50's

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hmmm. no good ideas for you, but you raise some that you may be able to help me with. I am wearing a one week monitor as my GP seems to think I have SIck SINUS RHYTHM and may need a pacemaker. I s this why you have one? I have afib and aflutter and bradycardia wit episodes of Tachycardia, but no one has ever suggested SSS or a pacemaker. My husband had a pacemaker bu no afib . His was to avoid episodes of passing out.

• Posted

I have AF and I had a low heart rate in the 40's during the day that went down to 37bpm during the night and 3.5 second pauses.

The other patient that day had a heart rate of 26 bpm and was unaware of it until having tests prior to hip replacement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.