Pacemaker and driving

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it ok to drive with a pacemaker, or do the dvla take your licence of you ?

I am quite worried because it's law you have to notify the dvla or £1000 fine

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go to the DVLA website to find the medical conditions you have to declare.
  • Posted

Just had a guick look charles and you have to notify dvla dont know full ramifications you will have to see into it
    • Posted

Thanks , just wondered if anyone else has been stopped drivinG,

getting a bit worried now

• Posted

Hope they dont take your licence charles its our only way of getting around can not imagine sat on a bus next to some smelly person who stinks of fags or weed noooo
  • Posted

Hi Charles, I had a pacemaker fitted last June. I informed the DVLA who sent a letter stating that they are happy for me to drive also my insurance company do not have a problem either. Hope it goes well (I was a bit sore for a while afterwards but ok eventually) airport security is not bad as long as you have your pacemaker card with you, they let you walk around the sensor but give you a good hand search, most ask for passport to verify who you are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.