Pacemaker bleeps every two minutes

Posted , 2 users are following.

For some weeks I have been hearing the odd single bleep that

I could not trace. I thought it might have been from my computer or one of my

phones but it always seemed to come from me.

Today they were much more frequent and at two minute intervals.

I turned everything of and the bleeps continued so it is from my single chamber

pacemaker fitted in 2015. It was last checked in January and they said that as

it does not need to pace very often the battery will be good for years yet. I

phoned the pacemaker clinic but got their answering machine and left a message.

Has anyone else had this and what was the cause if not the

battery. My heart rate is normally between 61 and 69 with a few in the 70’s but

my BP fluctuates a lot.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Medtronics has all my pacemaker information -- if that is the manufacturer of yours, you should try to call them again. However, a call to your cardiologist may answer your questions since he should be the one to get all of your reports -- especially if there is a problem. Good luck.

• Posted

Mine is Boston Scientific but I have to assume that the pacemaker clinic know what they are doing. . The bleeping has now stopped and my heart rate is in the mid 60'sas it has been since the device was first fitted.

• Posted

A call to the maufacturer of your pacemaker should help you but if you can't get thru to them, I would suggest you call your cardiologist as he/she is the one that gets all your pacemaker readings. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.