pacemaker to right AFib

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just recieve a letter from my surgeon with the suggestion they fit a pacemaker , One ablation worked 5 years ago but the second one this year has not worked and I am still left with arrhythmia .  Had anyone else had a pacemaker fittes fot this reason and has it worked

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Anna I had a simalar problem but my AF was caused by left ventricular failure so I had whats called a Bi ventricular pace maker fitted and that was 2and a half yrs ago it takes time for them to get meds right but it worked for and I am doingthings as a normal person You should ask what type of pacemaker you need and take their advice all  the best and keep in youch M   
    • Posted

Hi Maureen94 thank you for that appreciated , So do you still have to have meds with the pacemaker , I know nothing about them , I was just pushing him to try another ablation , as the first one worked well , but the second has failed
    • Posted

Hi Anna yes you still will need med . But it depends on what your reasons for Af : I know its difficult to talk to some of these consultants but its your right to ask questions until you are safisfied. But if you need a pace maker do not be afraid it will make your life better and you will get used to it .hope you get some answers M.
    • Posted

thank you , he is considering it as I have Afib and its the pulmonary veins that are causing the problems , and I have so many allergies to meds , thats my biggest issue . He cant give me Amiodarone as I have allergy to Iodine . he then considered Dronederone , but he said it remains difficult in this area with restrictions that have been placed from the primary care ,

• Posted

Hi well it sounds like you are getting told the problems so just believe and have Faith and trust tjat with the right pacemaker you will have better quality of life .let me know how things go and when you have the pacemaker fitted don t be afraid you will be sore for a few weeks but it will be worth it and I am 

sure they will work out your Meds as well all the best M.

• Posted

Hi Anna I ain't had one but my elder brother as after quadrupal bypass, stents he says it's a lot better  sorry for lack of advice not going to guess on this one but hope all works our fine for you since I started with af in August really surprised how little media heart disease gets compared to cancer
    • Posted

Hi popeye62  Thank you I am a bit nervous about this, as far as I am aware I have no other heart problems apart from this dam Afib which is driving me nuts and stopping me from having a normal life , Its gone crazy today and just not stopped , I am feeling really weak from it today
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Anna hope if you have it you get a new. Lease of life if or when my af comes back I want proper treatment not zombie creating meds all the best 
    • Posted

My sentiments exactly ,  I dont want meds that make me like a zombie , I am so fed up with feeling like this and not being able to do much , thats why I am pushing for the 3rd Ablation , I just feel there is a chance , as it worked for 4.5 years last time , this time it was only 3 weeks , buts its not totally as it was before now , I am just having no end of extra beats , and what are like pausing in the beats that make me a little dizzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.