Pacing

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Tess, Linda and Win,

Thought I would start a new thread, as I can't manage two on the go.

Thought I would give it the title of Pacing as its related to fibro.

Well like you all I have been going through a bad patch, all I have wanted to do for the last few days is sleep.

Then tonight I had a phone call from my daughters college saying she was in trouble with her PE lessons, we've not had any trouble from her since she went to college and I was hoping that after the last two years things had sorted themselves out. I'd forgotten how stressfull it is when I have to deal with these phone calls. So I now know how easy it is to be set back, I was hoping the anxiety was coming under controll.

She has worked so hard since she left school, I was really proud of her and she is now so upset. Well at least they don't want to exspell her yet!! We went through that 3 times while she was at school.

Wishing you all a good day tomorrow.

Lizzy

0 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Awww Darn IT!!

Just writen another essay and lost it :x AGAIN

I am feeling a bit better and the swelling has gone down a bit, not as much as I would like, but nonetheless a step in the right direction.

I will leave my original post alone now and am happy to join in with whichever thread you prefer.

Tomorrow is THE day when I see Rheumi, I feel very anxious about it. I have tried to write a list of symptoms and events, just in case I forget something. It actually makes for quite depressing reading.

Linda, Lizzy and Tess, you are a real tonic. I'm afraid I am having trouble remembering what is happening to who. So please be patient with me.

Take Care of yourselves

xx

• Posted

Don't know what has happened here

No swear words or web addy's I promise

• Posted

Good Evening Tess Linda and Win,

Its been really nice and sunny here today and no cold wind.

Win I'm pleased to hear you feel a little better, I quite often loose what I have typed mainly due to loosing my internet connection. Do you see your rheumi often? I see mine once every 8 months and when I saw her in Jan we had a dissagreement and so now I need to sort with Doc to find a new one.

I have made an appointment to see my Doc on Thurs morning, I have a list as long as my arm again and all over the waiting room it says only one problem at the consultation, but its not possible to book 3 or 4 appt. in one go.

Tess hows your Dad?

Linda hows your Mum?

Did think about going for a walk at the weekend, but its forecast rain!!!

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy, Linda & Win

Good to see you are still on Win but don't worry to much aboutif you can't keep up with us all. Just join in when you want to lol. I keep losing my message sometimes and like you it is always when I seem to do an essay.

Good Luck with the Rheum tomorrow and will be thinking about you. I only went twice and didn't need to go anymore. I have a good gp though that is very good at listening and takes time when I see him.

Lizzy did you get things sorted out with your daughter. You don't need more stress when you say you were getting your anxiety levels down. I hope you get on ok at the doctors on Thursday. You can blame me and the Bank Holiday for the weather at the weekend. We are away on Fri until Tuesday so it is more than likely going to rain. :cry: Rang the hosptial tonight to see how my dad is and he has been sitting outside today the nurse said. I asked when he might be out and she had nothing down on the list for him to come out of hospital yet. I will ring again just before i go away. I have had a lovely day with Sophie and we have been in the garden most of the day. We have a wooden play house in the garden for the girls. We had it when our children we little. There is a cooker, ironing board and iron and lots of tea set, saucepans etc. all from when my children were little. Sophie and Molly love it. We have been busy playing with play doh today. i have enjoyed it as much as Sophie lol.

Linda I hope you have now got your carpets down and your house nearly back to normal. How is your mum! Has she lost anything else?

Tess

• Posted

Hi Girls

Hope it all goes well for you today Win! I am going to soft play with Amy and Sophie this morning. :lol: Then when I come back I really need to get everything sorted for going away about 11 Friday morning.

It is suppose to be the hottest day of the year at 23 degrees today! Enjoy it as suppose to rain over the weekend lol.

I have a blood test on 17th May for Thyroid and go back to see the doctor on the 20th May. It will be a year then when my sister died. It has gone so fast!

Hope you all have a good day!

Tess

• Posted

Morning Girls

Another nice day here. I am up and showered but cream crackered, so am having a sit down before I get dressed. I am a wreck my solicitor rang about my late husbands estate, which has rumbled on with his kids causing me nothing but trouble (I think this is what has made me so ill) Just what I needed today when I was worked up over the Rheumi appointment anyway. I am now in floods of tears and shaking. I really hope that I can get a positive diagnosis for something, anything would be better than not knowing.

My face is much better today (typical) but the skin is still discoloured and under my chin is still quite tender.

Well I suppose I should go and get dressed, but would really prefer to go back to bed.

Have a good day everyone, have fun at the soft play and hope everyone has a comfortable kinda day. I shall report back later.

xx

• Posted

Hi Win, Lizzy & Linda

Hope you are ok Win! It is not very nice when there are family problems as you don't need the added stress. I do hope you have got some answers today!

It is better to have a name for what is going on. At least that way you can start to deal with it. I find it helps me to keep a pain diary and I write it down everyday. I can then refer back to it and see if things are improving or gettting worse. :cry:

Had a lovely day at the Soft Play with Sophie my granddaughter. She was diving in the soft ball pool. Having a lovely time climbing over everything and in the tunnels. :lol:

Lizzy & Linda i hope you both have had a good day!

Tess

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Still exhausted and in pain sad Saw GP yesterday, he changed my pain killers which has helped a lot. Have something new to take which Neurology asked him to give me and have to go back in a month. Still bloated due to IBS so feeling quite sorry for myself :!:

Carpets are all done, so now Ann has moved hope to get bedrooms sorted. (Not while I feel like this :!: ) Lol

Mum is doing well, Tess, social worker came to do assessment today and Geraldine told her Mum is blooming :!: She was very pleased with her and is not doing another review for a year.

Hope you have a good weekend, Tess. Do keep coming on Win whenever you want to , don’t worry about keeping up its just good to get things off your chest.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

Linda sorry to hear your ibs is still causing you trouble. Good that you have some different pain meds and they are helping. Bet you are pleased your carpets are all done now. Thats good news for you with your mum and the Social Worker not going for another year. That should give you peace of mind.

Won't get to see my Dad before i go away. I sent him a get well card with a letter inside today. Hopefully he should receive it tomorrow. My legs are painful tonight with change in weather coming.

Why does the weather change when we go away lol! All this nice sunny weather and as soon as we go away it rains lol. :cry:

Going to bed now as I am really tired now as i have had a busy week so far! Stewart has one more night to go. I need to get everything packed up for Friday.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess Linda and Win

Linda I'm so pleased for you that your Mum has settled in and that things are good for her. How are you now feeling? Perhaps as the weeks go on you will begin to feel better as a lot of your worries will now begin to sort themselves out. Hopefully you will now have some time to do things you enjoy doing. :P

Tess I do hope the weather cheers up a bit for you, while you are away.I will keep my fingers crossed. My children use to love going to the soft play areas and even better when I could join in too. Goodness me is it a year since I started chatting to you both, it was about your sister that reminded me. My children had a wooden playhouse too and when they were older we gave it to my sister for her children. Enjoyed plenty ofmud pies and flowered tea. :lol:

Win how did you get on at your rheumi appt. I hope you got some answers to your questions and perhaps even some treatment. :wink:

Well this morning went Ok no Vit D injection as he is concerned that I may have a bad reaction to it. Plenty of bloods to be taken and a whole new rethink on how to treat the anxiety/depression. Anyway booked bloods for next thursday and reduce anti-depressant meds. All fine till I got home to find I have lost the blood form so will now have to ring and ask for another one. :oops: :oops:

Take care Lizzy.

• Posted

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!

Finally a diagnosis!

Yes, it is most definitely FMS but the Rheumi has requested another blood test for Lupus as the last one wasn't conclusive. I don't care now, though because this mad range of symptoms has a name! I'm not going mad.

She was also very complementary about my GP and said that there was nothing she wanted to change about my meds as he had already put in place the treatment she would have prescribed herself. There is a special clinic for FMS/Lupus/CFS and she is going to refer me to them. Through them there is a range of complementary therapies available on the health service that may be beneficial. She also suggested that I could consider eating a wheat free diet for a couple of weeks to see if that would help. Apparently although there is no scientific proof some people have seen varying degrees of improvements. I shall try everything that I am offered with an open mind and just see what happens.

Thank You So Much Girls you have been such a big help to me and I am so grateful to you all for your advice and support. I shall be around here regularly, and I shall keep on posting through good days and bad.

xx

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

It is so good you got on well today at the doctors Lizzy! Did you find your blood form or did you get another one. At least you are getting somewhere now. :lol:

Win what good news for you to be finally able to put a name to what is going on! :lol: Do still come on talk to us as it has been good talking to you tool.

Linda I hope you are doing ok!

Off to bed now as want to get up early and finish off for going away.

Take care all and talk to you when I get back.

Tess xx

• Posted

Hi

Tess wishing you a good time this weekend. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for warm wheather.

Win I'm so pleased to hear things are moving forward and that you now have a really good idea about whats going off. If you want any tips on Lupus or have any questions I will try and help. Wishing you a good bank holiday weekend.

Linda I hope all is well with you and Iwish you a good bank holiday too.

I think the receptionist thought I had lost my marbles yesterday when I told her I had lost my blood form, apparently they always take them off the patient so when they arrive for the blood tests they have already got them, no chance of getting lost. You see normally I go to the hospital with blood forms as its so much quicker.

Take care

Lizzy

• Posted

Morning Girls

I have woken up this morning feeling as though I had won the lottery. It is such a relief to finally know what is going on. I know nothing has really changed but it has made me feel so much better having a label for my symptoms. I am really exhausted this morning but I have quite a few things that have to be done today. I shall take my time and plod on with them though. OH is at home today so I shall take full advantage of that and get him to catch up on some of the jobs that need doing.

The weather here is a bit odd to say the least this morning, so I am hoping that it is going to be a nice weekend for you all. My face is still swollen and the GP has put out another script for antibiotics for me. I hate taking those things but needs must I suppose.

Take Care and have a fabulous weekend, I can't wait to hear what you all get up to.

xx

• Posted

Morning Girls

I have woken up this morning feeling as though I had won the lottery. It is such a relief to finally know what is going on. I know nothing has really changed but it has made me feel so much better having a label for my symptoms. I am really exhausted this morning but I have quite a few things that have to be done today. I shall take my time and plod on with them though. OH is at home today so I shall take full advantage of that and get him to catch up on some of the jobs that need doing.

The weather here is a bit odd to say the least this morning, so I am hoping that it is going to be a nice weekend for you all. My face is still swollen and the GP has put out another script for antibiotics for me. I hate taking those things but needs must I suppose.

Take Care and have a fabulous weekend, I can't wait to hear what you all get up to.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.