Pacing

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Tess, Linda and Win,

Thought I would start a new thread, as I can't manage two on the go.

Thought I would give it the title of Pacing as its related to fibro.

Well like you all I have been going through a bad patch, all I have wanted to do for the last few days is sleep.

Then tonight I had a phone call from my daughters college saying she was in trouble with her PE lessons, we've not had any trouble from her since she went to college and I was hoping that after the last two years things had sorted themselves out. I'd forgotten how stressfull it is when I have to deal with these phone calls. So I now know how easy it is to be set back, I was hoping the anxiety was coming under controll.

She has worked so hard since she left school, I was really proud of her and she is now so upset. Well at least they don't want to exspell her yet!! We went through that 3 times while she was at school.

Wishing you all a good day tomorrow.

Lizzy

0 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Lizzy, Linda, Jeff & Win

How are you all today!

Lizzy where are you going for your break at spring bank holiday? Bet you are looking forward to it. You must be suffering with having to reduce the AD tabs.

Hope things get better for you.

Still not sure what is going to happen with my dad. I was told by the hospital that he had said he wanted full time nursing care. There is a meeting on Tuesday about his care and my brother will be going as he is down as next of kin as he lives the nearest. The only problem is both of my brothers are not telling myself and my older sister what is going on. That is really unfair as I always use to tell them if my dad was not well. I was the only one who had rang him every day since my mum died 8 years ago. I will ring the hospital on Tuesday evening myself and ask what happened at the meeting. Also we have found out that my dad didn't trip on the bandage he lost his balance when he broke his wrist. My brother had told me he had tripped on the wet bandage.

I am not letting it stress me out though and just taking things as they come.

Sorry about going on but good to get it off my chest!

Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

How are you all today! The weather here is miserable wet and windy lol :cry: Well didn't have a very good sleep. My daughter had trouble with her neighbours music at 12 o clock last night. As Claire was at work today she rang me up and came and stayed the night with me. I had only gone to bed at 10.40pm so hadn't been to sleep long when I woke up. Bless her when she came round she found it hard to get back off to sleep as I did. She never really got back to sleep until after 2 and was up again at 5am to go home and get ready for work. I also woke again at 5 and then went back to try and sleep some more until about 7am. I think she is going to come and sleep here straight after work tonight so she doesn't get a broken sleep. She has got to work today from?

Linda how is your mum doing? Is she still in hospital or back at St. Eds. I hope all the travelling is not making you feel really tired.

Lizzy how are you today! Has Alan had any more interviews! How are you getting on now with reducing the AD tabs?

Win I hope you are doing ok today. What weather have you got? I don't like the damp weather as it makes my pain a lot worse.

Jeff hope you are also managing to take things from day to day and your pain is your too bad. How are you getting on with the tens machine. I haven't got one and might try one myself. How much are they!

Well catch up with you all again soon.

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess, Linda,Win and Jeff,

Hope you are all well and not letting this dreadful weather get you down. Its done nothing but rain today and a cold wind too.

Tess I do hope your Dad gets what he wants. Its so hard not to worry about people we care for. Claire must be really stressed with all this noise trouble. Why are people so selfish?

Linda how are you? Is your Mum Ok?

Win I hope your step children are not making you too tired. Do you have them every weekend? Its not BBQ weather.

Jeff hope life is treating you well.

We are going to Western Super Mare. Have never been before. We will also be taking the Gps to do some walking and also plan to visit Cheddar Gorge as alan and I enjoyed ourselves so much last summer there we wanted to take the children.

Alan has got two interviews next week. I do hope he gets a job soon. We are begining to get on each others nerves. As for the AD I hadn't realised how bad I was, I new they weren't working well, but never thought I would be this bad so quickly. I have spent the last 3 days in tears and feeling really low. I am in so much pain that I just don't want to do anything. Its my Birthday tomorrow and all I can think is another year older and what am I going to do for the rest of my life.

Vicky and Peter are auditioning for the County Windband and Orchestra tomorrow, so Alan will be doing all the running about. It will take up most of the day. Alison is poping around in the morning. Then tomorrow night Vicky has entered a compition with the wind quintet that she plays with. Alan said he would take her there too. So i plan to rest and watch TV, wash and dried school uniform today so no worries for tomorrow.

Take care all.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Everyone!

Aw Lizzy you are going through it with reducing your AD Tablets. It was my daughter Amy's birthday on Thursday 6th May and she was 29. Lizzy I do hope you have a lovely birthday tomorrow. Take time out for you tomorrow and pamper yourself. You have it so busy with four children to look after and the fibro to contend with as well. I was lucky really when mine was real bad at least my children were all grown up.

I have been to Cheddar Gorge before and it is really lovely there if you can have some nice weather.

This weather has been so miserable here today and no sun at all. The wind was really rough as well. Nearly got blown away with the umberella up and the wind today lol :cry:

I do hope Alan can get a job soon for you! It is nice to have them around but also nice to have sometime to yourself.

Got Claire coming to staythe night later just in case her neighbour makes some loud noise. She needs to get a good night sleep as back at work tomorrow at 6.45 in the morning. She went to see my Dad today in her dinner break to see how he was doing.

Well got to go now as want to watch Over the Rainbow!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

Happy Birthday Lizzy! I hope you had a nice relaxing day and enjoy the sunshine if it is out! We have sun here but there is still a chill in the wind. :cry: At least it is bright and not raining today lol. :cry:

Linda, Win & Jeff I do hope you are all doing ok today and hope to see you all on here again soon.

Take care!

Tess

• Posted

Hi

Got up and planned to do nothing.

The sun was so inviting this morning so I decided to do the job that has needed doing for 18 months, as I was on my own i decided to get it done.

Alan washed and cleaned the sheds before he left and I stained both of them. As I was doing the last side a very big black cloud came over so now I am praying it won't rain till they are dry. I feel so much better now that, that job is out of the way.

Think I will have a drink now so that when the aches kick in I won't care.

Have a good evening with your daughter Tess. How was your Dad?

Hope everyone had a good day.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy & Everyone

You should have been resting on your birhtday Lizzy but know what you mean with the sun shining and taking advantage to get an outdoor job done. I hope you didn't overdo it. :cry: I was the same had a restful morning then went mad in the afternoon and did some gardening. Joints and muscles feel really achy tonight. :cry: Its my toes that take the strain then most and are painful with the bending. See doctor in two weeks and he said he would take another look at them. We have such a big garden so there is always a lot to do and fitting it in with going away etc. We have decided today to go away for two weeks in June and go to Scotland. I have never been before so will be nice to see somewhere different. Probably drop off at Preston on the way and see our son if he is still living there or could be Manchester. Not sure if they are both on the way to Scotland lol.

My Dad is doing well and said to my daughter that he was going home! I am not to keen on that as he is not safe.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday!

Tess

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Happy birthday, Lizzie! Hope your sheds got dry before the rain came!! Why do you have to reduce your AD`s it must be awful with all whats going on at the moment sad Good Luck for Alan`s interviews next week. Have you heard anymore about having to look for a job yourself?

Sorry your daughter`s still having trouble with the neighbours, Tess. It didn`t get sorted then? Is your Dad at ECH? They moved Mum there this afternoon, ward 11. Told them that if they keep moving her she will never get better because it will just confuse her, but they didn`t take any notice! She now thinks they have sent her home to St.Eds and keeps asking where her funiture is and why there are other people in her flat!! They didnt even bother to dress her at PDH she was still in the gown she went to theatre in on Wednesday! They said it was because she was in pain, but she doesn`t even know what time of day it is because she`s been in bed since the surgery too. So am hoping things will be different at ECH, if not I`m going to have to say something, Ann says she will come with me cause she knows how things work.

Still tired, but not in so much pain now, which is just as well cause I don`t know how I would have managed last week! I know from experience though that I will go downhill very quickly once things have settled down.

Take care all

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda

Your poor mum must be really confused with all the moving about. Yes my dad is still at ECH on ward 6 and there is a meeting on Tuesday to decide what is going to happen. He told my daughter that he was going home but I was told by a nurse that he said wanted to go into nursing home. Not sure still what is going on still. :cry: When are you going to see your mum again? I am going to see my dad tomorrow afternoon when Stewart gets up from his sleep from being on nights. Then we are going to see his mum at Werrington Lodge Nursing Home. Did they say how long your mum will be in hospital for?

You must be feeling really tired with all the travelling! Hope things will settle down again for you.

Claire is going to ring the council again tomorrow. Her neighbour played loud music again on Friday night after she had received a letter telling her they would take her equipment if it happened again. They have applied for a

warrant to go in and take it if she is not there or doesn't answer the door.

Tess

• Posted

Hi

Well got up this morning, feel stiff but not as bad as last night so thats good news.

Ant-depressants down as they want to swap me, as thyroid man told Doc they needed to sort my anxiety/depression out properly and as they couldn't up the tabs I am on at the moment, it means a swap. Also at long last Doc. said he would sort some councelling out too, don't know how long I will have to wait. Back to thyroid man in Aug. to check that I am getting better.

Linda I do hope they sort your Mum quickly.Taking Ann with you sounds like a very good idea.

Tess Scotland in June should be very good, in tha past we have always had good weather in June. Alans sister in Law lives in Ary. Well lets hope the council use there powers so that Clair can relax and get on with her life. Alison gave me a Gooseberry bush yesterday reminded me of my Grannies garden as it was full of gooseberry bushes when I was a child. Our garden is of medium size and mainly lawn so doesn't take toomuch work.

My Mum is taking me out this afternoon, I'm not sure how to feel about that as she can be really horrible at times and really nice at others and I never know how shes going to be.

Wishing everyone a good day.

• Posted

Hi

sorry that was me Lizzy on the above message.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Lizzy

I hope you got on alright with your mum when you went out with her! Not very nice for you if you don't know how she will be with you. We use to have gooseberry bushes in our garden when I was little and that was nice of Alison to do that for you.

We have never been before but were told there are a lot of midges about in July! So will be quite and adventure for us. We will do several stops on the way. Don't know whereabouts as yet as just decided to go and when. Its good you heard from thyroid man. Lets hope you get your counselling sooner rather than later.

Went to see my Dad at hospital yesterday and only saw him for a few seconds as he was going off to have a new plaster cast put on. By the time he would back on the ward it would have been to late as we arrived at 2.15 and visiting finished at 4. We didn't have a wasted trip as we decided to go and see Stewart's mum who is in a nursing home in Peterborough.

I rang the hospital tonight to see how he is and to find out the outcome of the meeting on his care. Was told the social workers would be finding him a placement somewhere for full time care. He will stay in hospital until they can find him somewhere to go.

Things got worse for Claire overnight! Luckily she slept at ours and in the early hours of the morning someone was knocking on her neighbours door asking for money. We think Katie not only drinks but possibly taking drugs and it was an unhappy drug dealer knocking on her door for his money. Claire found all this out when she went home early this morning. Some good has come out of it as all Claire's other neighbours rang the police as they all got woken up. Claire texted me today and said Katie had also been beaten up. I don't condone violence but she wouldn't think twice of hitting someone else. It is such a shame as it was a really nice neighbourhood until she moved into the street.

There was no trouble there at all until she arrived.

Linda I do hope your mum is doing ok with her broken shoulder and wrist. Win I hope you are doing alright today and also you Jeff.

Had a fun day with Sophie and Molly but very busy and tired now!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Everyone!

How are you all today! Think I over did it with too much gardening the other day as i have had a lot more pain recently. :cry: When will I learn this pacing business lol.

Lizzy we have booked to go to Scotland and we go on 8th June until 20th June.

We are going on a caravan club site somewhere near the Isle of Mull. Hopefully we shall have some good weather and not rain lol.

I still don't think my thyroid levels are right yet! Have been on new dose six weeks when I see gp next week. I have to go Monday for another blood test and see gp on Thursday for results. Just haven't felt quite right the last couple of days and think I will get my daughter to check my blood pressure again.

Linda I hope you are doing ok and your mum is out of hospital now and back at St. Eds.

Win how are you doing are things getting any better for you.

Jeff I do hope you are doing ok and taking each day as it comes.

Take care all!

Tess

• Posted

Hi Tess, Linda, Win and Jeff,

Tess how is your Dad? Has a place been found for him yet? I wish you some good weather when you go to Scotland. We will be camping on a club site when we go spring bank holiday, mainly as I couldn't face going without the facilities. I do hope you get your thyroid levels sorted soon, its no fun when they are wrong.

I went for blood tests last Thursday and I found it very painful. I now have a bruise about 3 inches long and about half an inch wide following my vien so goodness knows what she did.I have also been bitten 4 times round my tummy button which I have re-acted to very badly and I am developing a rash on my hand so I think I may be starting another flare.

Alan had 2 interviews this week he already knows he hasn't got one and the other is writing for references.

Peter got into the county windband and Vicky didn't. She is very very upset.It has also upset me too. I think it must be because I'm still reducing the ADs. I rang to book an appt. at Docs today for next week as he wanted to see me once I was down to 75mg. Well hes away on holiday next week. So now I will have to wait an extra week and I was hoping to get this sorted quickly.

Did Chris make it to the T.V showing of Brittains got talent? I missed it last week.

Linda how are you? Has your Mum moved home yet? Have you got the house about straight yet?

Win is life getting any better for you?

Jeff I hope you have had some luck with changing your doc and getting some pain management.

Take care.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi Vicky & Everyone!

Going to see my Dad again tomorrow and as far as I know after my telephone call with hospital on Wednesday they were still looking for somewhere for my dad to go. They said he would stay in hospital until it was sorted out.

Whoever took your blood didn't do a very good job! Hope you get your bites sorted soon and the flare up. We have a nurse at our practice who you don't like to take your blood. Like you I saw her once and ended up with a big bruise.

When the others take it you don't even feel hardly a scratch and no bruise.

Must have been upsetting for you when Vicky didn't get in. You are torn between two when one gets in being happy for your son and then being unhappy and upset for your daughter. I have been feeling weepy to for no reason and think its all to do with this thyroid and hormones.

I do hope Alan can get a job soon! It will make it better for you and give you a bit of time for yourself.

Chris is waiting to hear from X Factor still and hopefully should be anytime soon.

His job he went for was knocking on peoples doors and trying to get them to have cavity wall put in. He wasn't really interested in doing that and looking for something else. He has asked us to help him with his deposit and rent when he finds somewhere to live. He is hoping to share with two girls but none of them have got jobs yet. It is difficult as they went to look at a house but it is a big risk to put the money down to rent if they haven't got a wage coming in.

We did say to Chris to think about if he got a job and the other two didn't he would probably have to rent a room in a house with other students possibly in Manchester so he has somewhere to go. It would be good if it all worked out that way but wouldn't want to see him lose £300 on sharing when it could secure him somewhere to live.

Lizzy will let you know if he gets on to X Factor.

I hope you all are doing ok Linda, Win & Jeff.

Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.