Pads/tampons

Posted , 6 users are following.

I need help figuring out What pads and tampons to use during my period. I know the ingredients and chemicals in them can really irritate this condition, so I’m curious what some of you other ladies do during your periods and what products you find best to make it through this time of the month. thank you!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya

i think i may made a post about this in the past or maybe commented on another thread about it.

you could try organic tampons or sanitary towels. i find during a flare up though anything touching my skin there is terrible. moon cups are supposed to be good- there are other brand names, silicone cups you insert they are re-useable too so good for the environment. i actually am consisering just going back on the mini pill so i dont have a period. mine are getting better but usually period excaerbates the symptoms.

good luck xx

• Posted

I've recently switched to something called SoftDisc. It's not the same as a Diva Cup. These are disposable and fit in a different way than a menstrual cup. It's been a game-changer for me. I've never been able to wear tampons comfortably, but I can't even feel these. It's been so much better for my LS also. There's a similar brand called Flex that caught my attention on FB, which is why I ended up trying them. I only went with SoftDisc because they're in stores and the other brand is online only. I highly recommend them over tampons and pads!

• Posted

Hi Robin- I only use 100% organic cotton tampons ( VEEDA) and Rael pantyliners, I buy both on Amazon. Makes a big difference when you hv LS. I also bought Natracare tpons, but they were more expensive and no applicator.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

i have just started using a menstrual cup. it is amazing. No flare up and can not feel it. i was told that if i become too crampy to turn the cup inside out as the silicon is a bit softer. i have not tried this yet.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.