PAE 15th June 2016

Posted , 9 users are following.

Just had a PAE today at the Liverpool Public Hospital SYD Australia with  Schlapsoff and Catt. The procedure took about 3hrs and was totally painless under local anistheatic with sedation . I am recovering overnight at the hospital and will be released tomorrow morning.  I've been out of surgery now for an hour ...had a pee and feel great at this point no pain no urgency. Will keep you all informed. As time goes by.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Great news, Peter, hope all continues to go well with you! This looks to be the way forward, and this Forum will be interested to hear how you progress, and what if any side effects you experience.
  • Posted

Good luck and please report back how its going.

I had mine in UK at Oxford Churchill under Dr's Tapping and LIttle on Feb 9th.

Still experiencing improvements now in June!

• Posted

Well done Peter. You sound like you're doing great. I had strong urgency as soon as I woke up. 

Keep us informed please. 

BTW my tooth surgical extraction yesterday was also a success. :-) 

• Posted

That's great .... Yea I posted some stuff this morning about my progress. Was able to pee ok after the proceeded but having a little difficulty now hopefully will improve.
  • Posted

FYI, for those in the eastern US, the University of North Carolina School of Medicine is conducting a study of the PAE method to have a good assessment of the effectiveness of the procedure.  I tried to provide a link but this site, for good reason, doesn't allow most direct linking.  So just do a search of [ UNC Medical Center PAE ] and that will provide you with the website.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.