PAE 2 weeks ago report

Posted , 9 users are following.

I just wanted to report to the group posting here that my PAE procedure has improved my condition to a point that I wanted to share this information with the board. My flow is improved. I hope this improvement continues and I look forward to continued improvement at 1 month and beyond.

It looks like I will fall in the 80-90% group that is helped.

take care

Lou

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Did insurance cover the PAE & if you would what was the cost?

Thanks again,

Ronnie

• Posted

I have GEHA standard, and they paid 80%. My cost was about $4000.
    • Posted

they stated medicare would pay this, I do not know the cost for sure but have heard about 7000.00

best regards

Lou

• Posted

At UNC, if you pay by yourself, it is around 7500, if your insurance can pay the CT, it will be around 6500. BCBS rejected to cover after a urologist claim PAE is not eligible for insurance to cover, what can you say!
  • Posted

hello Lou,  congratulations !!  i hope all is continuing on the right path to being ok.  .. where did you have it done ?

Robbie 

• Posted

I had mine done at the Vascular Institute of Virginia by Dr Bagle.

I still take one Flowmax but the stream is stornger and less getting up at night, 1-2 times. Would like to stop flowmwx but it may take some time to get enough improvement to stop it altogethave, going on 3 weeks now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.