PAE

Posted , 12 users are following.

I would appreciate hearing from anybody who has had a successful PAE, from anybody who has had an unsuccessful one or from anyone who is knowledgeable of it. I'm starting to focus on PAE and I know their is a wealth of knowedge on this forum. I've heard good things about it. I've heard that it is covered by insurance, but not sure about medicare. I'm 67 years of age and other than BPH I'm heathy. I recently had a clear prostate MRI (negative for tumors suspicious lesions), my prostate is about 79 cc's with meidan lobe hypertrophy projecting into the bladder. My PSA's fluctuate between high 2's and low 3's. I'm slowly learning to CIC, (scares the sh-t out of me). Done it twice and it ain't fun. The way my BPH is progressing I may have to start doing it on a regular basis soon. Anyways I would like to get all the info I can about PAE so I can rule it in or out and start looking for provider if I determine it's the right procedure for me. Thank you.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a PAE in June 2018 in a clinic in Katowice Poland. Total cost inc hospital stay 2 days (1 before and 1 after) PLN 12500 (about GBP 2500) plus my travel costs. I paid that. Dr Ludyga, the intervationist radiologist) has done lots of these. I have just come back from a 9 month check which cost GBP 175. He has pronounced it clinically a success and, as patient, a success with night time trips to toilet reduced from 3 or 4 to just one. I stopped taking tamulosin as it interfered with my sexual function. My prostate was 130 gms before op. I am 76 and weigh 71 kgs. The big advantage for me was that it was non invasive, with tube poked in through my thigh while I was sedated for 2 hours

• Posted

Alan, I retrack my previous question on your PAE being a success. After reading this post (found it late) it certainly appears to have been very successful.

• Posted

Hi Chuck,

I strongly reccomend to make MRI 3 T first. And consult these scans t with expert like Dr. K in Houston .

If you suffer by IPP ( intravesical protrusion of prostate ) , e.g. ,big median lobe is blocking bladder neck like pressure valve , with 80-90 % PAE will have no effect.

Then you have some options - according to my experience the best are REZUM, and FLA. If you need more details just PM me. I collected data from cca 30 patients and evaluated in Excell table. Stan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.