PAE

Posted , 12 users are following.

got a prostrate around 50 going in on MAY 22 2019 in TAMPA general dr DAVIS has anyone have any advise cause im a very nervous person and need to prepair but i dont know how to PLEASE any suggestions would be wonderful !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I'm not sure what your planning to do. Have you discussed this with a urologist before.

I have had retention problems on and off since my youth. Later in life my prostate and unfortunately a stretched bladder that holds 400-500 mm before I have had an urge to pee. And I have to try and relax and strain just to get urine out. I never fully emptied my bladder.

4 days ago I had a Urolift done and my experience so far has been very uncomfortable with minor complications. Ism urinating easier but some days are better then others.

Start with Urolift first and go from there.

• Posted

You're obviously a candidate for the procedure so keep us updated on how it goes. I had the Urolift and it failed.....Billy

• Posted

Drummer10,

I am the same, I call it MEDICAL ANXIETY! I am 3 weeks post PAE and couldn't be happier.

I was sure that whatever complications from this procedure could arise, would arise! I was sure that in my case there would be NEW complications that no one even knew about or ever heard of. I was sure that the doctor would make some careless mistake that would leave me suffering for the rest of my life! I held off even making a a doc appointment for many years AND I refused to take drugs because I have prescription drug anxiety as well!

All I can say is that the whole procedure was very traumatic for me ( although probably very mild in reality! ) The hospital, the operating room, the nurses , the medications, the whole thing. In and out in one day.

For me the second day was very tough, I was regretting the decision and it was very uncomfortable and painful. I was cursing at myself and GOD! But after the 3rd day things began to improve so much and today, only 3 weeks later... I feel like I have almost forgotten what my old BPH symptoms were; Urgency, dribbling, not being able to hold it in, and if I did hold it in for too long not being able to pee at all or triggering a chain reaction for several days following holding in too long. All of these symptoms were "normal" and now practically forgotten!

You will be fine! Be prepared for some discomfort and let us know about your progress. I am very happy with my results so far!

• Posted

thank you from the bottom of my heart and prostate you made me feel better and wish you continued recovery going to the best guy as he is president of PAE group and have lots of faith in him and TAMPA Hospital USF THANK YOU again your so right on!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.