PAE and other sergeries

Posted , 5 users are following.

Like to think that all the urinologest who push certain proseedures make it sound so good and easy.Turp I hope got better with there new upgrades.Still have retrograde ejaculation and erection ihsues I dont know unless someone had turp resentley.PAE when you take the blood supply away from the prostate it shrinks yes but its no longer heathy.Sperm is no longer going to be produced the same way.If it comes back then its heathy again and might grow.Somone tell me if you had these proseedures latley or a long time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a PAE in Aug 2017 - very easy procedure, but some irritation trying to pee for a couple of weeks after. Had to take 2 Flomax and Tylenol until the irritation went down. Only partially effective due to median lobe issue. My flow improved about 20%. Went off Flomax. Lasted about a year, then back on Flomax again. In April of this year had a bipolar TURP. Very easy. No pain. Only discomfort was Foley catheter left in for 3 days after. I was in and out of the hospital in 4.5 hours. Urine flow improved by 50%. Tapering off Flomax now - was on 2 per day, then 1 ,and now 1 every other day. When supply runs out I will completely discontinue. As for sexual function, can't say because of prior radiation to the prostate for cancer in 2014. So, erections very difficult and have not tried any sex since the TURP so can't comment on retro. I would say that the TURP was easier than the PAE in terms of discomfort on the day of the surgery and in the weeks after.

• Posted

go figure Pae Site bragging how good they are and they say turp so painfull

• Posted

Don't know which site you are looking at but there are three types of TURP - the older style monopolar, the newer bipolar and plasma button. My TURP was the newer bipolar. Zero pain. As I said the only discomfort was from the Foley catheter. Once that was out, no pain whatsoever.

• Posted

From what I read, patient experiences vary with all of the procedures. With my PAE, I had discomfort starting a stream for a couple days, but was completely off the Tamsalosin by around day 11. I took naproxen the first day and ibuprofen the second, but I never touched the opiates I had available.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.