PAE AT UCLA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had the PAE procedure done at UCLA? Which doctor?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i had PAE AT UCSD with Dr PICEL in nov

with good results so far not complete cure but improvement in flow rate good luck RAY

• Posted

@raymond_82800 I am currently trying to get scheduled for this with Dr. Andrew Picel as well. Any hints, tips, suggestions, etc... would be Greatly appreciated. My only delay is trying to ascertain the "Treatment Code(s)" for PAE. My insurance is Anthem Blue Cross PPO and they are demanding the codes, BEFORE they will give final approval. I have called the Doctors at UCSD, was referred to their Billing Department, but Billing says they have to have the specific treatments listed by each Doctors before they can determine which "Code". And so the run-around continues.... But I won't give up. I have to drive 7 hours one-way, so stringing me on with long waits on the phone ain't gonna deter me. LOL

• Posted

Hi Chuck ,

I am looking at Picel also. I am only 54 years old, so no medicare, I have Helathnet PPO GOLD- Which costs an EFFING fortune, but seems to cover very little.

• Posted

Bobcats,

I just received an email from Dr. Picel last night, he is going to Stanford in the very near future. Private message me if you need Stanford's IR Department number; I'm always willing to help any time I can. I think I will try going to Stanford, when Dr. Picel gets there.

I too, don't have Medicare as yet and pay a feckin unbelievable amount for our PPO with Anthem Blue Cross; and getting them to pay for anything seems like it's always a fight.

Still trying to find the magic PTC ("Pateint Treatment Code" or Code(s) for PAE. Because my Insurance says they "may" cover PAE, but demands that I provide them the PTC BEFORE they will give me a firm answer. WTH ???

Have heard it could be one of theses....

37243, or 37204, or 75894, or 76937, or CON9041

Still praying for Someone, who has had the PAE procedure, to simply look on their Billing form and confirm "which" Code is the PAE Billing Code.

Good Luck Brother,

• Posted

Thank you, I am going to wait to see what DR McWilliams has to say next Monday the 8th.

I have consulted with 5 doctors, it is a long haul.

• Posted

hi my coverage was medicare plus supplemental

no problem there with coverage

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.