PAE - Has anyone had success?

Posted , 21 users are following.

After doing some research, PAE seems like a good starting point with minimal risk. But so many on this forum seem to have poor results. Does anyone have success with PAE? I tried to search "PAE" on this forum and the search results do not work well, so I decided to start a new post.

Thank you, John

0 likes, 91 replies

91 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i had the urolift procedure 2.5 years ago. i was in retention. it definitely helped but 4 mos ago i was running 8 miles a day and became dehydrated and i went back into retention . i was looking into a repeat urolift but the uro wanted me to do a turp. He said the pae was a gimmick and i was given an indwelling catheter.

i then found Dr Raj Ayyadarri at Yale who had done 250 paes and I ended up having him do it 6 weeks ago. After the pae i had zero followip from him or his staff. zero! He told me to remove the catheter 1 month after. i did and went right back into retention . Within a couple of days i became septic. i had texted the doc and he didnt respond for another 5 days and simply said he was out of the country when i texted him.

i found a great urologist who saw me on a friday at 5:30 pm. He took one look and wanted to admit me. i asked for plan b because i have to work the next day. he gave me an intramuscular shot of vancomycin and an iv of vancomycin the next day. i was prescribed sulfamethazole orally. he told me to remove my catheter 3 days ago. with the infection cleared i feel much better and he told me today i had about 100 ml residual volume after voiding. he said i would be fine but asked me to take 8 days of rapaflo bc i hated the side effects of tamaulosin. He said if the pae helped at all it could take months but he feels ive likely had a uti for quite a while. all in all im very optimistic for my own prostate and urinary track.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.