PAE Recovery time

Posted , 9 users are following.

Given that everyone's body is different, I'd like to ask those of you who have had PAE's done about their recovery time.

I'm travelling from Buenos Aires to Virginia for Dr. Bagla to do a PAE on me on Sept 27.   Its a looooong trip so I've planned to stay 4 nites in Virginia just to allow time to be near Dr. Bagla and also to get the anesthetic out of my system and to otherwise get back to normal before my trip home.

My wife is from Chicago, but has never been to D.C., never seen the National Museum of Art, Capitol, Smithsonian, etc. 

So here's what I'm thinking....the day after my PAE moving to Alexandria or somewhere closer to DC (and the airports).  And hopefully be able to hangout at the mall for awhile that day and do some limited sightseeing the next couple of days as part of my recovery.

What do you think? Is this too ambitious? 

(I'm 74 years old and in excellent health except for BPH and Nocturia). 

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think you may be too ambitious - but only by one day.  Everyone's different, but, based on my experience, it might be best to plan to do nothing the day after the procedure and maybe hang out on the Mall a bit  2 days after.

• Posted

Thanks Arlington.  We're just ending winter here.  Another day of sitting by the hotel pool wont be so hard to take.

• Posted

jjjj,,I had urgency and burning for three days after my PAE. It all came good in day four. I didn't stray too far from a toilet in those three days and the last thing I would have wanted to do was visit a museum. 

• Posted

Thanks Caring. I'd better not make any plans until I see how I feel.  

• Posted

Yes, I think that is ambitious. Your prostate needs time to heal. If you do too much too soon you will probably regret it. It would be better to take it as easy as possible for 4 days or so, then start your touring slowly. For one thing, you may need quick access to a restroom, and may have to go half a block to get to one on the Mall, or at the Smithsonian.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.