pae results

Posted , 15 users are following.

I am trying to decide whether to go with urolift or pae. I wonder if the pae is not effective then I could get a urolift or maybe not if the uro would not allow that.

Lew

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had urolift hated the procedure and the next 4 weeks but now I think I'm getting back to normal and probably a little better off than before the procedure. Some people have great results some don't. I think the risks of complications are less with urolift but it's probably not as effective.

• Posted

Hi all, I just found this site and decided to join. After having a UTI two years ago, and my urologist said my prostate was 100 grams and therfore too large for turp, I elected to have the PAE. I was instructed how to self cath after UTI and I did that until PAE and after until the amount of urine dropped below 100 cc after voiding normally. That was about two months, I think. I quit tamsolusion (Flowmax)after the morning cath produced about 60 cc for about 10 days, and then resumed taking it for ten days. I didn't see any difference so I quit altogether.

I just saw my first urologist this morning for the annual DRE, and he said things are good. I asked him if my prostatewas smaller than two years ago and he said no. He also said the last urology conference he went to said PAE wouldn't work so don't do it. My experience was pretty good, so I questioned his reply. He said if it worked then good.

• Posted

Max,

Don't listen to urologists. They will all become unemployed if PAE becomes standard for BPH treatment. I'm 9 months after PAE, continue to improve and so far rolled back 30 years of my sexual and LUT life. It's beyond my wildest dreams. My prostate was 135 g, but Uro wanted perform TURP. I refused. He now says that it's a placibo effect. DRE can tell the size, let alone PAE produces caverns inside the Prostate, and if performed correctly, targets the median lobe. I hope it will last long enough for you and me. I'm off all prostate medicines altogether and don't wake up at night now vs. every hour before the PAE.

Good luck in the New Year. Who performed you PAE?

• Posted

I'm glad my first urologist said don't come back this morning. But it involves more than just prostate. I had a penile implant two months ago, and he said he didn't want to mess that up doing anything else. I had a lot of swelling from implant and that changed night time bladder needs for a while.

The PAE was done in Billings, MT by Dr Zachary Bland (whose wife is a urologist in the same hospital). The doctors in Billings seem to be interested if helping patients instead of promoting their specialty. I was referred to Dr Bland by a urologist in that hospital.

I'm off all prostate meds also. I hope things go good for us also.

Thanks for your reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.