Pain!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was told 2yrs ago that I had a slipped disc. Recent mri scans ( from surgeons request) show the disc has gone back. But I’m still in all the same pain I have been for yrs still on the same tablets. But my gp told me I should be feeeling back to Normal now and out if pain!! 

Got an app with my pain management consultant in July. Struggling to understand it all 

Thank you all x

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You might have a lot of inflammation.....I go to a pain management team (ST Thomas's in London) and I had steroid injections for a while and eventually a procedure called a denervation - where they cauterise the small branch nerves that send pain signals to the brain. Best days work I ever did....had a bad flare up for a few weeks after but have not needed another one yet and that's 3 years ! I have facet joint problems and it maybe different to your back pain / problems but it started from having a disc removed in 1997.......so have a good chat wih your Pain Management people - they work wonders.....and mention a denervation but they will need to do a test first to see if it makes any difference by injecting some anaesthetic...even if it works for a short while, they will then know they are in the right direction and will do a denervation as it doesn't always work for everyone......I wish you good luck - let me know how you get on - July is a long itme to wait so I guess you live in the UK...ha! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.