Pain 10 weeks post ankle surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

its been 10 weeks post surgery on my left ankle. i have been cleared to weight bear as tolerated since i was at six weeks after surgery. i am finding that i still need to elevate my ankle for most of the day. when i get up it feels like there are pins and needles on the bottom of my foot. it stops after i take a few steps. i am wondering if this is to be expected or what may be going on. Also, i am getting some discomfort on the inside of my ankle as well. That may be the cause of why my foot does not seem to lie flat when i walk. it was even worse when i was first able to put weight on it. At that time it felt like there was a distinct curve on the bottom of my foot. It's all these little things that have me a bit worried and concerned. I appreciate any feedback I can get. Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Irene, unfortunately non weight-bearing for so long causes all the soft tissues to weaken, shorten, tighten etc. It takes a while to build it all back up again. The most important thing is the exercises. they do pay off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.