pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone well 90% of scab fell off last night in water but the pain is awful how long does it last it's where I had bunion surgery and it's been 9weeks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

While it has been 4 months for me and my pain comes and goes, but at night it really hurt feel like somebody is stabbing my foot.My doctor give my something to take with it and I also have to put sock on at night so I don't feel the pain
  • Posted

I had my bunion op 7 months ago and still have pain when walking at a leisurely page and is agonising then doing a power walk for fitness. The area where it hurts most is under the big toe. It needed lots of massage as the fascia on the dorsal foot was very solid and I have heel splints due to the tightness affecting the rest of the foot. I must say that as I persevered with the massage and walking as well as calf stretching on a ramp device with a 60 degrees angle, which my physio  recommended, there are slight improvements. A friend of mine said she had hers done a while back, and it was a year before she could walk with out pain somewhere in the foot. Oh joy, just what we need to hear. My other foot is looking deformed now, but I might give it a miss, this has been enough for me!
    • Posted

Oh great. A year?!? Now that it's been 7 months, is the pain still much less than before you had the op? Are you glad you had it done? Did you have to buy many pairs of shoes? Does your toe look normal? Haha strange question to ask..
  • Posted

I know how you feel. This is a long recovery time.  I've never had pain  that's so persistent , and depressing. Im coming up to three weeks and feel I'm in a nightmare, I wish I could wake up. The pain around the base of the toe is like its being sawn off. Please tell me it improves....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.