Pain 4 weeks after gallbladder removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago, I have been feeling okay until today. The area around my belly button is really tender, it hurts to bend, and it hurts if I put pressure on it. Anyone experience this type of pain, I'm worried about developing an infection or something.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

That does sound like an infection more than post op recovery.

My daughter has it and is on antibiotics better to be checked by your dr to see.

• Posted

Is the area red or hot to touch, do you have any fever etc as these are signs of infection. Or you could have overdone it and pulled something - healing goes on for about 6 weeks or longer. Best to get checked out - better be safe. Hope it soon sorted.
  • Posted

So sorry for what you are going through!  I agree with the other two replies - it is best to get this checked out in case it is something more than straining a muscle-

Best wishes to you-

• Posted

I called health link this morning, she advised me to go in and get checked out. The place doesn't open til 5, so I will be going in then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.