pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can a doctor give you anything for the pain? I have hs on my inner right thigh and every time i walk it rubs and hurts so bad. I feel like I've been in pain so long and now im going to be in pain.the.restaurant of my life

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello toni, I am so sorry to hear about your pain and totally understand!! I am on Tramadol for my pain but only take it when neccessary because I am afraid of being hooked on it. My friend is on oxocodone but that doesn't work for me. I have also heard of med maryjane for some smile. I don't want to sound like I am saying to you to run out and get "drugs" but if you need it once in awhile you should have acsess. This disease sucks and until you have it I don't think others can understand. Best of lucl to you and be careful on them. I would talk to Dr about pain mngmt.
  • Posted

Hi I presume you have got some ab's for your abcess?   They usually take a couple of days to work but they do help reduce the infection and  consequently the pain.  

It is best to wear a skirt (if you are female) and to get Mepore plasters to put over it.   These are available from the chemist and they allow the wound to breathe while protecting it from rubbing against you when you walk.  

I get them there too but on both thighs and another thing which helped was putting a bandage with cotton wool in the middle over it too.  

Bev x

• Posted

Lidocaine cream will numb the area. I always used it when I had cysts.
    • Posted

Is that only available on prescription Crystal or over the counter?  Does it work on big abcesses with multiple heads?  I can't see anything numbing those.   Thanks.  Bev x
    • Posted

It's prescription. I used to only get multiples that had tunneled together. It would definitely ease the pain.
    • Posted

Thanks Crystal.  I am going to ask the doctors for some next time I see them.  

I have decided as my doctor won't re refer me back to a dermatologist I am going to take charge of my own treatment and just tell the doctors what I want in future.   I have learned a lot from all of you specially Atticus who is very knowledgable.   I am learning more every day.

Many thanks.  Bev x

• Posted

My dermatologist was the biggest help. She always tried different things, even experiments. She was very thrilled that I found out about food triggers causing my HS and is now telling her other patients about it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.