Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been on here before. After nearly 2 weeks and my doc telling me the pain under my right rib and round to the back was stress it's still there. Bloods clear ultra sound of kidneys clear so where is this pain coming from. I don't feel as stressed so why is pain not easing?? It feels like a stitch between I bend it's as if something under ribs not there all the time it comes and goes.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

It sounds like a muscle or trigger point in the back is acting up.  Also costocondritis, its a muscle problem in the ribs between the ribs, it will almost feel like its bruised and taking a deep breath can cause pain, laying on the efected side will make it hurt.  There are many trigger points in the back that can cause rib pain and the points have referral pain that they send out so the point in one part can be the problem.  Mine is the point just outside the shulder blade and it sends it thru the rib under my arm and into my arm.  

• Posted

Yeah lying on it makes it worse. The job I do has alot of lifting so I suppose it could be muscle plus it moves around and does feel like bruising at times. I just worry about it all the time. Heat helps but painkillers not so much.
  • Posted

Would a back brace help. Maybe you aren't lifting correctly. Check your blood work for borderline numbers

• Posted

Oh the things we get. Ache here, pain there. We've all had stitch in the side. If you've had blood work, and all looks good, and your not an anxious person,just take naproxen, or Ibuprofen, and this too shall pass

• Posted

Oh I'm a very anxious person had blood work done it was fine. I used to be on narrower all the time but just before this started was told to come off them as my gastritis had flared up scared to go back on incase it gets worse as bad at moment

• Posted

Isn't anxiety enough, without a bunch of other things going on. Life sure ain't no bowl of cherries, but better than the alternitive.xxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.