Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been to 2 different Rheumatologist since April. One while I was hospitalized out of state for RA & two weeks ago closer to home. Neither will give pain meds. I've been flaring the past two days, really bad knee & back pain. I've tried heat, ice, Tylenol, increased prednisone. Any suggestions? Can barely walk & need some relief. Thanks in advance.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you have good GP?? If you have a relationship he/she should prescribe something. I'm so sorry as I know your pain. Hang in there.

• Posted

I feel for you I recently was diagnosed with RA in May I've also been in a lot of pain and tiredness My dr put me on prednisone and methahextrate and tramadol for pain. Everyday I would wake up wondering how bad my day was going to be My toes. The balls of my feet my knees my elbows my neck and my hands I had claw hands couldn't straighten them. Last week I went in for my first infusion of simponi aria. They said it would take a couple of weeks to feel the effects. Two days later I felt normal me again just a little stiff I couldn't believe it! Then I thought it wouldn't last but so far it's working I feel good again Like I mentioned this is all new to me I wish you the best also

• Posted

Hello from the UK, you could Turmeric 95% curcumin with piperine capsules, works for me, all information online, says it's a strong anti inflammatory and pain reliever, says side affect may thin blood, so if you are on Warfarin or blood thinners you should check this part of it out, I sort of read it's only shown this in lab tests, otherwise it is extremely safe, loads of info online as I said, hope this may help.

• Posted

Just to add to my reply my GP who is Indian said he knows all about Turmeric and how good it is, said back in India they give to babies, and use it to treat Horses, basically everyone and everything has it.
    • Posted

I've heard that also, but cannot take it because I'm on Coumadin but thank you

• Posted

My RA doc had me use Voltaren gel, which really helps.  It's for joint pain, and it helps me sleep at night.  Are you on Sulfasalzine?  It's an anti-inflammatory for RA.  I also take pycnogenol, and Glucosamine sulfate.  I've taken MSM in the past.  These supplements I mention help with the pain level while they provide things your body needs.  Also diet that has no sugar will be a big boost in your pain level.  Sugar is like gasoliine for inflammation.  Anyone with any arthritis can tell you this is the case.  Otherwise do a search for an RA diet because what I did when I had a flare up is go vegitarian.  The only veg you might avoid during this time is corn because of all the gmo corn out there has extra proteins that bother anyone sensitive.  Health food stores sell corn and even cornmeal that isn't gmo'ed.  When I grew corn the only kind I'd plant is the seed that hadn't been tampered with from a health food store.  Another trigger may be wheat and wheat products, especially things made from duram wheat, the hardest thing anyway for your body to digest.  If you don't want to change your diet, I'd say go on MTX which is an anti-metabolite and it blocks things that cause your body to react.  But keep it at a low dose because otherwise it can make you very sick with headaches and upset stomach.

• Posted

Wow thanks Lynn, I have been researching RA eating & read the same thing. I am seriously thinking about eating clean. I know it will be expensive but probably worth it. I appreciate your feedback.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.