Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

can anyone please tell me if they feel pain from their haemorrhoids into their outer labia. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I suffered with haemoroids off and on for 50 years and the I had a an open haemoroidectomy from which I am still recovering. I never had pain in outer labia.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. It started off feeling as if I'd been kicked in that area, it felt bruised, now it's like a sharp pain.

• Posted

Hi there yes I felt pain here for a good few days after surgery. I think it's because of all the swelling in the rectum putting pressure on your vagina. It does ease off x

• Posted

Yes. It freaked me out. Thank you for posting this. I thought I was crazy.
  • Posted

Hi Raw50. I can relate to this discussion. After having gynae surgery about 18 months ago, I was left with an occasional pulling feeling/soreness on my left side of what I thought was just inside the vagina. After having further gynae surgery in April this year, this is now worse. I believe it now radiates from front to back down my left knicker line, but internally. If that makes sense? I think this may be an internal haemorrhoid, although throughout my nightmare of the last 18 months, no one except me has come up with this thought and for now, I am tired of it all. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Hope you're ok x

• Posted

I think you may have adhesions from your vaginal surgery. Sometimes it is called scar tissue. It is quite common. It is a pulling pain. I have had this after hysterectomy and a burst appendix op.
    • Posted

Thank you Maureen. During my operation in April I was told I had some adhesions, but they were on the other side, and were said to be treated with a helium beam? I thought exactly the same, but if anything this has got worse, although generally things feel better than they did before x
    • Posted

Hi Doolou it is not usual to feel pain from internal haemoroids. They only give pain if they prolapse. Sorry I'm not able think of anything else that is causing your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.