Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm about 10 weeks post op. My problem is I've been pushing quite hard with my physiotherapy .been having these spasms and twitching. Mentioned this before. I woke up this morning and the spasms at the back of my leg the joint part was prolonged and very painful. When I got out of bed it was hard to walk and had pain on top of kneecap. And found it hard to walk never had much problem walking till now .when resting pain goes but when I get in certain position spasm starts lots of pain.any one else have this. Do I still pt or rest .with ice or heat. Cheers patch.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have no idea. I am going on 5 weeks and I get sharp pricks of pain. Almost like someone sticking me with a knife point. but I have not had actual spasms. Think it would be worhwhile to put a call into the surgeon or surgeon's nurse to inquire. Better safe than sorry. I see my surgeon in another week for my 6 week check; if I can remember I'll ask about it. Meantime, it never hurts to ice and perhaps pull back a little bit until you get an answer. MNLynne

• Posted

Cheers .I'm with the NHS. Says it all.useless

• Posted

So sorry. Perhaps you'll get a response from someone who has experienced the same thing. Hopeful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.