pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have scoliosis and have so much pain in my lower back the shots make me very sick i dont know what else to do

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had surgery or seen doctors? I'm so sorry about your pain!

• Posted

Hi Tonya

I know exactly what you are going through.

I have scoliosis and sacrolititis which means I have the s shape in my lower back, and my right leg is 1 inch shorter than my left leg. Surgery has been mentioned, but it's not life time guaranteed. Hip replacement has also being mentioned to me!

But the other thing I can do, is get my shoes built up on the right side. Walk around with one leg higher than the other in footwear when I'm at home. But exercise stops you from ceasing up, that's for sure.

Have you tried Pilates? Or have you tried, turmeric they reckon that's good too.

Anyway make sure you rest well, and lie on your side that isn't affected. But apparently it's better for you to lie in your left side in bed and not on the right side. You can always get one of those nursing pillows, and a leg cushion block that helps to take off pressure aswell.

• Posted

Hi Tonya,

I was having crippling lower back pain a few years back. I had my upper back fused as a kid but it turns out that my lower spine developed another curve due to my short leg. I was told surgery or narcotics were my only options. Instead, I began practicing Bikram Yoga about 4.5 years ago and it completely changed my life. I have NO pain as long as I practice at least 1 - 2x per week. When I began I could barely move I was in so much pain, but the heat and humidity felt good on my back, and slowly I regained my strength and range of motion. I highly recommend it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.