Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just posting again because not sure what wise to do. I know I have health anxiety, but still can't get out of my head that I'm sick.

For a month I have had abdominal pain/discomfort, pain on my sides and back, chest pains and then pain on random spots on my body. The pain isn't just with panic attacks, it's consistent. And it's not like upset stomach pain... it's genuine pain. Plus I have lost some weight.

I have had so many tests... the most recent being a CT scan of abdomen and Pelvis  with contrast and Upper GI series... All of it was normal along with all blood work , abdominal ultrasound and chest x-ray abd urine.

The only tests I haven't had done are colonoscopy and endoscopy.... I did have both done two years ago though. Have I ruled everything out? Can these consistent pains really be caused by anxiety and stress? Why won't they go away if I'm calmer now? 

I have been under major stress and anxiety before this all started like I have in past but nothing like this has ever happened. I get so freaked out about cancer all the time.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi jt02626

Go to your doc and ask to be tested for inflammation...you say you have random pain in your body...the tests you need are ESR , CRP and ANA blood tests if these tests are high it indicates inflammation in your body...

ESR: Erythrocite Sedimenation Rate blood test.

CRP: C-Reactive Protein blood test

ANA: AntiNuclear Antibody blood test

Best wishes for a positive diagnosis....

• Posted

Hello Lillian what would high levels of inflammation indicate? I have abdominal and rib pain but suffer with health anxiety and my doctor said it is due to inflammation in my body but nothing to worrying about
    • Posted

Hi paul21053

How does your doc know you have high levels of inflammation?..has he/she had an ESR,CRP and ANA blood test carried out? If you have had these tests and they are positive for inflammation then you need to be treated for it. You don't mention how old you are so i can't comment on what the inflammation may indicate......

• Posted

Hello I'm 34 and started suffering with abdominal pain Andy rib pain last year which caused me to become very anxious regarding my health. I had muliple blood tests all normal apart from my Iga level was slightly raised. I had a camera down my throats which indicated dueondonitis ( not sure of spelling) I still have awful stomach rib pain and acid but have never been given any treatment I have put my problems down to my anxiety and I'm trying to manage that but I do struggle with the pains. 

• Posted

Stress can cause these sorts of pains; the gut and the brain are strongly linked  Do you have change of bowel habit with the pain and does the pain move about?  Do you get relief of pain after a bowel movement? If so, it could be IBS if all your tests come back negative.  With IBS, pain can be felt just about anywhere.  An endoscopy and colonoscopy would rule out anything else.  Don't worry, it will make you feel worse.  I have stress related IBS. 

• Posted

I’m so sorry you are feeling this way

But i do know what your going through 

I also have been going through the same thing and it’s so scary and depressing 

I’m meeting a new doctor tomorrow and hopefully he will guide me and help me with all these scary feelings

Good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.