Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experience pain on left going all way to back with nausea ? I swear this keeps getting worst to worst. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had pain on the left side, going all the way to the back, but never experienced nausea. I ended up being hosp. for 2 days for IV infusion of antibiotics, and it seemed to work well. It can sometimes feel like it's never going to heal up, esp. when a nasty flare up occurs seemingly out of nowhere, but I have faith that with a consistent appropriate diet and lots of water, that it will eventually pass. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you 🙏🏼 I have faith this will pass as well. Thank you for your suppport. 

• Posted

This is very common, particularly in the early stages of an attack and/or you are still taking pills.  But if you've finished the pills and the pain really is worse, then you should go back to the doctor as sometimes it takes more than one lot of pills.  But please drink lots of water.  Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Dan,

I have diverticula and have terrible constipation.  I experience pain on my left side just near where the rib cage ends.  It seems to travel from the front of my left side (a really sharp pain there) and moves to the back where it is a very uncomfortable dull pain.

Heat pads help and walking, however sitting seams to aggrevate it.  Doctor did not have an answer - he thought it might be a pulled muscle, however it has gone on too long for that.

I had a bleeding episode about 2 weeks ago and that is when the sharp pain really started.  Hope this helps and good luck to you

Bill.

• Posted

I actually did go walking and didn’t have any dinner. It helped I woke up feeling much better than yesterday. Thank you for your advice. 
    • Posted

I was diagnosed in Feb. on antibiotics at home didn’t get better, had another Cat scan and blood work , developed an abscess so in hospital on IV , got better the hardest part was eating , I also developed anxiety and panic attacks due to it all. I finally was feeling myself again and just have diverticulosis. Then out of no where I started having diarrhea, nausea and burning in lower abdomen, my pain is right under end of rib cage and goes to my back on on left side. Thought for sure I was having a flare up, but cat scan, blood tests show no sign of it . I just had stool testing done to rule out SUDD, Candida and IBS. I have not had blood in stools or fevers, so confusing, and no signs of blockage. Drs are no help, so I got a new GI Dr out of town, in 2 weeks, to go over everything and all tests. I also had Endoscopy done and was normal. So hope to have colonoscopy soon. So in meantime I’ll just have to deal with discomfort and pain. Eat good I am going gluten free , yeast free dairy free and no nightshade, and doing low FodMat diet and drink lotsa water. GSE, Aloe Vera Juice, Golden Milk, Probiotics. 

• Posted

Yes. I user a heating pad. Nausea is due to the antibiotics. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.