Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive had really bad pain under right ribs round into my back now both my rib cages ache front and back . When i sit or go to bed its as if my rib cage is being squashed and i cant take a deep breath in ( but sure i can breath fine ) ive just had a bad chest infection but this was happening before that started . Does anyone else suffer with this . I do get gastritis from time to time could this be a symptom ive never had before . Can anyone help ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had a history of kidney stones...typically it's a pain that radiates from the front to the back (kidneys are inside the rib cage)...the pain kind of dips in a U shape on the side to the front.. That might be what you are going through (depending on the size they cut the tube as they travel or they can get stuck, I had one get stuck last July and I swore I was dying). I would suggest if the pain worsens, or you get to a nausea/ uncomfortable state (can't lay down, can't get situated because every position hurts)- I would go to the ER... The appendix is also on the right side which adds to the danger of waiting out things (Though my spouse says that pain is about a hand length down from your bottom rib on the right side). 

• Posted

Thankyou . Think best thing is to get my doc to check it out . Pain too high to be appendix i think .
  • Posted

Could be a bile acid problem.  Take a 50 billion flora critical care probiotic.   Worked for me had same pain before gallbladder removed and started back up again year after.   Took cholestraymine and then probiotic and disappeared in 2 weeks....
  • Posted

Back when I first had food poisoning I took probiotic supplements for like 90 days on top of food restrictions and such (trying to see if I had become gluten intolerant, dairy intolerant, etc). Sadly it didn't correct my problem. 

• Posted

Hello, I get the same thing my doctor said it could be because I put some on and ribs getting a bit squashed I have put on 2 stone but trying to lose it now.

kind regards Tracy.

• Posted

If im honest ive put more than a few pounds on so maybe this might be the reason x
  • Posted

I was told today could be my pancreas by someone could this be right 🤔

• Posted

Sounds like gallstones blocking the bile duct. Get an ultrasound, CT scan and liver function test done. Stay away from fatty foods for now.
  • Posted

Now everytime i eat anything its going straight through me almost straight away . Back is killin me today . Cant get doc appfor another 2 days .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.