Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

i would like to start by advising u have suffered from anxiety for many years lots of which is around health so i tend to worry massively about health issues.

anyway i have been exercising alot recently and getting palpitations and like little brain zaps sometimes afterwards.

yday i completed a gym class and came out feeling abit light headed and exhausted but didnt think much of it then this morning i was having horrific shoulder and neck pain radiating down to the middle of my back and around to my ribs.

i called the dr who has given me an appointment but the pain is still there although it has improved and i feel scared that it is heart related.

advice welcome and very much appreciated x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

it could be from not working out in a while if your dr checked you out you could always call him back and ask for an ekg and blood work if it makes you feel better lightheaded and exhausting can be caused by also not eating before workout not enough fluids in the system serious reason to but i would look at that first also how hard you excersise they say to go slow when you start out walking like aerobitcs if you went over board it can do this too

• Posted

amanda thankyou so much for your reply. i didnt see the dr yet my appointment isnt until tomorrow but i feel worried about waiting until then. when i breath in i feel like the pain gets worse. im so worried that it is either heart related or lung related do i think it was it would have gotten alot worse since this morning? x

• Posted

if you have shortness of breath mayne you should go get checked than again im in canada and can go without being billed but if your really worried it wouldnt hurt if its nothing rhan at least it will pit your mind at ease

• Posted

its not really shortness of breath its just pain on breathing in. i have an ecg im the morning and i worry incase i am over reacting. its just hard because im a worrier xxx

• Posted

i get that it could be i can remember the name of it but if ekg is fine ask about inflammation on the ribs this can cause it to hurt when breathing chest pain

• Posted

Sounds like you should go to an emergency room ASAP for a second opinion.

• Posted

hi i have had an ecg today and been advised that the results will be available in 7 to 10 days shall i assume this means it is normal? still got awful pain xxx

• Posted

If you have doubts, you need to have a consultation with a cardiologist.

• Posted

here in canada we have to be referred i know it stupid so what happens when your dr thinks your too young and such to have heart problems like for example i was very sick a year ago due to mold exposure anyways i had no idea that was the cause i went to the hospital like 20 or more time eith shortness of breath, back pain, chest pain now yes they did do an ekg and blood work to make sure it wasnt a heart attack but if i was a man i would of got this plus probably an echo stress test etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.