Pain 7 months post double ankle fusion of right foot

Posted , 17 users are following.

I am now 7 months post surgery for my ankle fusion.  I am still in pain every day.  The pain has for sure gotten better.  All of my surgery swelling is gone.  I am still walking very slow and with a small limp.  Some days worse than others.  The pain I am having is in the top of my foot when taking a step.  When I try to bend my foot to push up to finish my step the pain is just excruciating.  My doctor says I should have some days with no pain at the same time is telling me it is normal to be in pain.  He says I am still healing and in a few months will be all better.  Anyone else experiencing this or know why this pain is happening?  Almost feel it is because of my screws but I have no idea.  I have been in physical therapy for months and they have no answers other than it just needs to get stronger.  I cannot go up onto my toes b/c the pain is so bad?????

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi laura

I am now 3 months in after my right ankle was fused due to sever arthritis in my ankle and heel joints, I am only 32 and the arthritis was caused by many injuries in my ankle as a child. I am 2 days into having the boot removed and I am walking without the boot while at home and wear it when I go out. my pain is really bad at the moment and I'm struggling to keep trying to walk without the boot but I know I need to do it and also I want to get back to driving. it worries me that you are 4 months ahead of me and you are still in pain. how long did you take before you could drive? hope you are feeling better!

• Posted

Hi, I'm going through the same exact thing with my fusion. Did you ever get any information on the outcome? ive been searching for answers and help or info will be great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.