Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi can someone tell me if this is a flare I've got divicula in the small bowel and I'm currently having pain under the breast bone and s lot of heartburn the pain is right across and I feel it when I move as well feels like a pulled muscle

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That does not sound like a diverticulitis flare up to me. You may want to consult your doctor if it persists. Most flare ups present pain to the lower left side and back. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I can see small bowel Diverticulitis presenting differently than the more common form. I presume you've actually been diagnosed? I suspect I have other issues going on beyond the sigmoid as I too experience pain elsewhere (below right front ribcage, back left, etc.). From what I've researched small bowel diverticula are rarer and more difficult to find, as are adhesions and fistulas in the bowel loops. Physical activity very frequently messes me up, which leads me to believe my issues may be adhesion disease related. My doctor and surgeon both have stated that these types of problems are most often only discovered during surgery or laparoscopic exploration. Now of course this is all lay person chitchat, so I would be off to the doctor. Seems to me a white blood count would be on the top of the list to see if there is an infection. Best of luck.

• Posted

I have had a scope which found this problem diagnosed by my gasto doctor and Iim having another one soon because I'm having a lot of heartburn hopefully nothing sinister will be found

• Posted

Hello,

Doesn't sound like it but I would have a doctor check it out to figure it out. Good luck 🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.