pain 8 weeks after surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi guys so almost 8 weeks ago i had my pilonidal cyst surgery, they cut me open remove all the cyst and then they closed it with stitches, my stitches were from my middle of back till all the down till my butt crack. i have 2 questions.

1) after a week after i had my surgery i start having draining not from stitches but from at the bottom where my stitches ended. at first it was a little drainage then after 2 weeks the drainage was alot, so i went to doctor he told me its a small hole he left open so when new tissue building they need a space to drain all that blood, and he told me it will heal by itself and stop by it self. after he removed my stiches which was 4 weeks after surgery the drainage slowed down and it was little, ever since i am having drainage not alot but its still draining, i used female pads for drainage, so it wont dirty my cloths, and i used one pad every day. My question is did anyone else had this problem and when does it stop, because i am really tired of it. its been almost 8 weeks since i had my surgery

2) my second question is using bathroom, during bowl movement, when i had surgery i was constipated and did not had bowl movement for 4 days, then after 4 days i finally had bowl movement but it was really hard and painful. ever since that or ever since i had my surgery which is almost 8 weeks, when i poop my anal hurts really bad, even if my bowl movement is soft my anal still hurts, is that normal or thats something to worry about

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Read my posts if u can find them mate

I had stitches but had to get cut back open cos under scar cavitys had been created

Be careful not look out for that

I then was just layed open and packed daily by nurses for 6 month

Myn was same position right down bum crack

Bowel movement didn't hurt but my wound would bleed massively into the toilet when I went for a no.2

Nightmare mate

• Posted

Hi, I have had this since 2007 and since then it had been unsuccessfully operated on too many times. I have had a pad of someform in my underwear for the last 9 years as it has been open since then and the amount of hassle I have had from my local hospital is unreal. Sorry to give you a bit of reality as these are a bigger problem than most realise. I would recommend that you ask for a prescription for gauze swabs as they are a lot more comfortable than the pads you are using. As for the other question, I have had this after most of my surgeries and it does calm down eventually. Usually it is because the medication they give you in hospital makes you constipated and as there are a large amount if nerve endings in that area it can take some time to all settle down again.

. I am sorry to tell you this but please keep it as clean as you can with swabs and you might not be as unlucky as some.

• Posted

Hi

I have had this since 2011 and since January 2016 it has appeared 5 times. I am still recovering from the latest one sad driving me crazy but will find the right treatment for this even if i have to go private because its truly ruining my life!!

I had stitches in 2014 following a infection after drainage, 12cm scar from bottom of my tailbone downward. They were removed after 2 weeks and fully closed and checked by doctors. I was told if it did open to go to A and E if my doctor was not avaliable.

For bowel movements, use one or two laxatives at night so it softens and your able to go in the morning. You should avoid straining as this can cause infection 

Goodluck

• Posted

Does the drainage smell bad? What color is it? The answers to these questions will let you know if the wound is healing properly or not.
    • Posted

No drainage does not smell, the color of drainage is clear with a little red in it, it does not drain all the time, for example when i am at work and standing all the time so like after 3 or 4 hours, I go to bathroom and as soon a i sit on toilet drainage start coming, drainahe usually come when i bend, sleep straight, or sot on a toilet
    • Posted

I just went to another discussion and asked you the same thing, sorry. Now I realized it was the same person. The thing is you're putting to much pressure on the wound site by slepping straight and you're not supposed to bend either. You should be like 4- 6 monts(depending on your body's healing process) without lifting, exercising and doing anything that puts pressure there. 

• Posted

No drainage does not smell, the color of drainage is clear with a little red in it, it does not drain all the time, for example when i am at work and standing all the time so like after 3 or 4 hours, I go to bathroom and as soon a i sit on toilet drainage start coming, drainahe usually come when i bend, sleep straight, or sot on a toilet
    • Posted

It's crazy uve been able to go back to work with your wound.. I've been off since January last year I work in the building trade like building sites etc.. and only just gone back to work start of this month.. but now have a bar job cos don't wana risk lifting on a building site just yet

• Posted

I hear what ur saying there mate. When mine first appeared I was just starting my 3rd year at college for Electrical Engineering and it became so much of an issue I was made to quit. Tried various other things but each surgery makes the pain worse and add that to the amount of skin removed I have lost 75% of the mobility in my left leg and I have severe muscle wastage. Been sat here for 8 years now waiting for an outpatient, waiting for a scan or surgery, waiting for outpatient again and it has taken its toll on my mind. Wish that I could go to work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.