Pain above temple when breathing in

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for about 11 days now I've had a pain on the left side of my head just above the hair line and sometimes just above the temple which worsens when i breathe in through the left nostril.

if i block the left and breathe through the right or through my mouth its not affected.

I've had a ct scan of my brain which came back clear, i was tried on tramadol, paracetamol and co-codamol none of which has helped.

the last gp i visited said due to it being affected by the one nostril it could be a sinus infection but my white blood cell count came back normal and i have no congestion or mucus and my face doesnt ache its literally just one localised spot on my head.

has anyone experienced anything similar? really getting fed up with it as nothing seems to help, ive been started on a course of penecillin on the chance it may be an infection

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

dont know if this like yours but ive been having a sharp pain on the left side of my head comes goes really worried what does yours feel like

• Posted

mine can be a sharp pain/ feels like pressure but more apparent when breathing in through left nostril

• Posted

Hi Ebony, I just recently saw a Neurologist, for nothing related to this but, he was very upset they did a CT scan instead of an MRI as it shows more of the soft tissue and blood vessels....not sure what you have after a normal CT but maybe ask if an MRI would give you a better picture of something like a blood vessel issue of some sort or if they wont pay for it, maybe an ultrasound of the area...it just seems if you have pain, there's a reason, hopefully you can find out its cause & at least get peace of mind Best Wishes๐Ÿ’’โ˜ฎ๐ŸŒˆโค๐Ÿ€โ™พ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’ž

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.