Pain across upper back shoulders

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondilitis three years ago I'm starting humira in two weeks I also have other immune diseases three days ago I was shopping and took home heavy shopping mostly tins around 40 I must say it was hard and I struggled all the way my legs started shaking then my whole body I started using kind of swinging movements to help with weight anyway got home and felt weak and sick next day I woke up and just below my neck across my back top of collarbone area was very painful and now three days later is still the same? I can't lift arms up but feel pain in my shoulder back area I can't put arms behind my back either as painful vice type pain happens is it worth going to doctors? As I'm always at doctors for check ups for my AS I don't fancy it and hope it settles by its self help please any advice or home remedies? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can try the OTC antiinflammatories like ibuprofen or naproxen sodium, as long as they won't interfere with your ankylosing spondylitis medication.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply I went to the psycho and they said I had strained the muscle so doctor gave me more arcoxia along with my other meds so lots of rest for next week or so
  • Posted

You have stressed the muscles...not worth trying to carry too much weight...and the swinging intensified the muscle strain.

Wet a towel and wring it out well...place the towel on your shoulder...now place an electric heating pad on top.

The muscles need both rest and time to recover.

• Posted

Hi I have thanks for your reply I went to psycho and yes I've strained the muscle I've been given extra arcoxia along with my meds for my ankylosing spondilitis ect I've rested it for four days still a bit sore but tenderness has lifted but still sore when I lift ect my body still shakes they said my muscles are weak also in my legs .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.