Pain advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I’m after some advice had pain in my right shoulder for as long as I can remember, about 5 years ago came to a head with a double impingement, after a year of pills and physio the dr finally gave in and sent me for key hole surgery on the right shoulder, after the surgery I took about 4-5 months to recover, used the physio to get my left shoulder back to normal and pain free. 9 months pain free before one day I managed to reaggrivate both shoulders, so back under the knife I went, key hole on left and full open surgery on right. Since the 2nd  round of surgery I’ve been in pain, mainly all round the shoulder, the front mainly in the upper chest, in the back mainly around the shoulder blade, nothing seems to get rid of the pain, tried exercise, diet, pills, strapping. Seems that the more physio I do nothing’s improving , strange thing is I’ve got full movement in both arms with no sharp  pain, can get both arms to the middle of my back with no pain at all, just this stinging burning pain all the time. 

Feels like a pulled/torn  muscle, just been 20 months since the surgery, did all the excecises I was given, seems to have caused more issues than solutions this time! 

Any one had anything like this any advice. 

Cheers. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like more research is needed on your part.  Doctor/medical assistants, medical records, or other online resources.  Your description which consists mainly of pain and makes mention of double impingement is vague to me.
  • Posted

Done a fair bit of research. Not sure of all the medical names. 

But double impingement I had was an impinged tendon on either shoulder

The pain runs from just under the shoulder joint into my chest and down the inside of my arm. 

• Posted

Still too vague for me.  There's a few tendons and areas where the shoulder could be impinged.  I don't know if anyone on here will be able to share with you their personal experience without terms from the diagnosis and treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.