Pain after being discharged!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was admitted to hospital on 25th Feb for a week with a PE.

I'm still having pains in my chest (not as bad as when I was in hospital) and a bit of a shortness of breath. I also feel a bit woozy kind of like a pressure on my head.

Are all of these issues normal? Did anyone else experience these?

Thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is normal I had multiple clots in both lungs and had pain for weeks but if your worried speak to your GP and I still get the fuzzy head and pulse atting in my head 

God bless may the Lord be with you x

• Posted

Thank you Carol that's more reassuring for me. Need to stop worrying myself! X
  • Posted

Hey Beth

Yes.they are.you will be surprised what effect it has on your body.i get back pain 5 Months on.Could be from all the resting...

Try and take it easy. Make sure you have some support.

We are all here on the forum whenever you need to talk.

Take care

Claire

• Posted

Hi Claire,

I really appreciate that thank you. I guess i'm young too (22) so all of this terrifies me and I feel like I'm constantly worried about something else going wrong! Its a scary time really and I feel like all I want to do is sleep! X

• Posted

Hi Beth. No worries. I've had two pe's. My 1st at 16. Nearly died

very scary. If you want to sleep then your body wants rest. Its horrible resting and boring. But it js necessary. You will be back on your feet before you know it. Just try not to over do it. I hAve a 1 year old and all she wants to do is jump on mummy. I'm 32 now and don't plan on any more clot episodes thanks to a lifetime of warfarin now...you just cant believe its happened to you! So young. X

• Posted

Wow you were very young! Glad they have the warfarin sorted now!! I'm fine with resting but I can definitely feel when I've over done it! Getting a bit fed up of the pain and feeling rubbish though! Not sure how long this will last sad x
  • Posted

Hi beth.

I had those symptoms for a while afterwards. Used to panic myself. Couple of trips to a&e too but put down to anxiety.

plenty of rest and relaxation needed

Jrn

• Posted

Hi Jen,

Did a n e advise that those symptoms were normal? X

• Posted

morning Beth! Sorry to read that your still in pain after your release from hospital I hope you get well soon! Also what is a P E is it a pulmonary embolisim I hope I've spelt this last word right, if it is you are quite young to have such symptoms, alli can say is get well and take good care of your self the best you can!x 
  • Posted

I had BiLateral PE's early February and was in hospital for 12 days and I still get very tired, pains in the chest and over the ladt week I have been feeling Foggy in the head, I also get constant short headaches. I have learnt through this forum that we are not alone. I continue to find it difficult to get information from the medical faternity. Good luck, I just suggest that you continue to get heaps of rest and don't rush back to work.
  • Posted

Yes they said all ok. Anxiety they said. But best to get checked out.

I was 21 when I had 1st one. They think from combined pill. head 6months warfarin. Then at 33 I had another one 4 months after my daughter was born. Now on long term warfarin.

• Posted

Wow jen.

That sounds like my story.

Warfarin is a pain with influctuating INR.

Get well soon

Claire

• Posted

Hi Claire.

It's a pain with inr too. I am looking into self management and going to apply for charity funding for a machine. Going to gp is quicker than hospital but with a toddler it's hard work.

Jen

• Posted

That's sounds good. My girl has just turned one and my partner has been looking after me these last few months as I have ulcerative colitis too but money is non existent so he has to return to work and we cant afford another car.So I will have to walk most places which is hard. How do you go about getting funding for a machine? That would be brilliant for me too.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.