Pain after bilateral morton neuroma surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had bilateral surgery 8 weeks ago for Morton Neuromas. My feet are still and painful. I went to see surgeon who told me he had removed neuromas and he can do nothing else.

I was advised to walk more. The problems I'm having now are worse than before surgery. I'm still getting the sharp pains in feet and toes and I get them even when elevated Which I didn't have before. My consultant has discharged me and basically said it could b something unrelated so I will need to see GP again. Anyone else had this and did the problem go away after time. Any help would be great

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry, I had one Mortons removed last year. Got pain and burning in foot and GP prescribed Gabapentin. It really helped. 

Following on from 2nd and 3rd toe osteotomies in April surgeon left me with another toe sticking up. Was left with bad foot pain too. Seen another ther surgeon at another hospital, who could not believe how I had been left. I now have to have flexor tendon lengthened but before that got an MRI scan in a few weeks as he is concerned thecplantar plate may have been damaged or gone altogether.  I would ask for a second opinion. X

• Posted

Thank you. I have been on gabapentine before and gained so much weight so don't want to go down that route if I don't need to. I have complained to hospital as consultant was very dismissive so hopefully they get someone else to see me. The thought of foot pain for rest of my life is depressing

X

• Posted

Poor you. I would have gone to a different hospital though as they are all colleagues at the same hospital. Hope you get your answer soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.