Pain after chemotherapy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi my mother has just had chemo and she is doing really well no sickness this time. This is her first set of 6 sessions but now after 10 days she is having pain in her stomach ( which is were her lymphoma is ) is this normal ? Many thanksĀ 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tanya. Mmmm, I think if I was your mum I would ring her haematologist and ask. My lymphoma was above the collar bone so I never had abdominal problems. But what I do know is that nobody will mind you ringing to find out - that's what your medical carers are there for.

• Posted

Hell Tanya,

I had two masses in my abdominal cavity as well as others at the jaw bone and neck. Following FNA and Surgical Biopsy procedures I had CHOP chemo at 2 weekly intervals, for 6 months.

I experienced quite sever diarrhea and nausea all the way through the course.

When I had recurrences with abdominal and lung involvement I had CEOP chemo, this time I had as well as the diarrhea, terrible mouth and throat ulcers which added to my nausea and abdominal discomfort.

This reaction was similar with others who were having chemo with me. I guess it is part of the package.

BUT; everyone is different and can experience totally different reactions to the next person.

I f your mum is worried about the side effects discuss this with the oncology team.

I wish you both all the best and if you are interested in my experience with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, look up JohnEdna or Welcome 2017 where I have posted my journey.

Cheers ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.